Look at this Orange Choc Chips cake that I baked in two pretty sakura small chiffon moulds with only 3 eggs and the baking time is about 25 minutes. Perfect combination with a hint of orange fragrance and chocolate chips to make a delicious flavour. Kids will definitely really enjoy this soft and tender Orange Choc Chips cake as their afternoon snack.
You may probably want to ask me from where did I get these 6 inch flower moulds… It was from Sun Lik and that was many years ago. I had completely forgotten about these pretty moulds until I stumbled upon them while clearing my store room. 很喜欢这花摸子，是N年前买的，几天前在储藏室里翻东西的时候真的差一点把它忘了 😀
Orange Choc Chips Cake
- 3 egg yolks
- 40 g caster sugar
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 25 g freshly squeezed orange juice
- 35 g corn oil
- 50 g cake flour/plain flour
- 15 g corn flour
- 3 egg whites
- 35 g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 160C. Sift plain flour and corn flour in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar with a hand whisk until slight pale. Add corn oil, orange juice and zest. Stir as you add.
- Sift the flour the second time into the yolk mixture. Stir as you add till mixture to smooth.
- In another clean bowl, beat egg whites until frothy. Add sugar in 3 separate rounds and whisk until stiff peak and glossy-looked.
- Fold ⅓ of egg whites into the yolk mixture. Then pour in the remaining egg whites and fold gently until just combined with a rubber spatula.
- Pour one portion of the batter into the two flower moulds, sprinkle some chocolate chips on top, cover with second portion of the batter, then again chocolate chips and cover with the remaining batter (total 3 portions).
- Bake at 2nd lower rack in the oven for about 25 minutes.
- Invert moulds immediately and let to cool down completely on a wire rack.
- 3颗 蛋黄
- 40克 细砂糖
- 2茶匙 香橙皮屑
- 25克 鲜橙汁
- 35克 玉米油
- 50克 底筋面糊或中筋面粉，过筛
- 3颗 蛋白
- 35克 细砂糖
- 1汤匙 巧克力粒，可多加