Orange Cupcakes 香橙杯子蛋糕
These orange cupcakes are crumbly but zesty and fragrant. It can be easily whipped up with minimal mixing by just using a rubber spatula. The cake has a little crusty top after baked and you can even eat it without the frosting. Definitely a great treat for everyone to enjoy for any occasions.
Author: Ann Low
Serves: makes 7 cupcakes
- 145g self-raising flour (1 cup)
- 60g caster sugar (1/3 cup)
- 30ml milk
- 65g butter, melted, cooled
- 1 egg, 60g - lightly beaten
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 50ml fresh orange juice
- zest from one orange
- 150ml fresh topping cream
- 1tbsp Cointreau or orange juice
- Preheat oven to 200 deg C. Line muffin pan with 7 paper cases. Combine flour and sugar in a bowl. Make a well in the center.
- Add milk, butter, egg, orange zest, vanilla extract and orange juice to flour mixture. Gently stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pan. Bake for about 13-15 minutes or until skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Combine topping cream and Cointreau together, stir well and whisk cream to peak form.
- Fill a piping bag with Wilton nozzle star tip 1M and the whipped cream. Pipe a circular swirl design on the cuppies.
Recipe adapted from here with slight adjustments
Author: Ann Low
Serves: 7 cupcakes
- 145克 自发面粉
- 60克 细糖
- 30毫升 牛奶
- 65克 融化牛油
- 1个 鸡蛋，约60克， 打散
- ½茶匙 香草香精
- 50毫升 鲜榨橙汁
- 1粒 鲜橙皮屑
- 150毫升 植物性奶油
- 1汤匙 香橙酒或鲜榨橙汁
- 裱花嘴Wilton 1M装入裱花袋里，倒入奶油。 握裱花袋把奶油挤在小蛋糕上装饰就完成了
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs Up
Organised by Bake for Happy Kids and My Little Favourite DIY,
and hosted by Diana from the Domestic Goddess Wannabe
Ann, i like your cupcake .
You have made these cupcakes looking so pretty! You are a talented baker and photographer 😀
Drooling…. don't mind having one for my breakfast now. Like the last picture, so sweet!
As always, Ann, you inspire me!! <3
Hi Ann, your cupcakes are always so lovely. Added to my must try list.
looks so dainty
Ann, these are such dainty and pretty orange cupcakes!
I have tried orange cupcakes and I really love the flavor 🙂 anything with orange or lemon 😀
what a lovely & refreshing cupcake… reminds me it is spring!
How did you whisk the cream to such a nice consistency for piping? Mine always seem to soft to pipe….. 🙁
Chris, The cream must be chilled to very cold before whipping. Start at low speed and gradually increase to medium. Whisk for about 2 minutes to until peaks formed and the tip pointing up.
Quick, easy and ever so beautiful, Ann.
The flower decoration is so beautiful!