250g Cream cheese
120g Pumpkin puree
50g Pumpkin – dice small
60g Whipping cream
30g Soft butter
3 Eggs (separate yolks and whites)
1 tsp Cinnamon powder
1 tbsp Corn flour
Line and grease a 8″ cake tin (click here for cake base)
- Steam 120g pumpkin for about 8 mins or till soft. Place steamed pumpkin in a strainer and use the back of a spoon and press pumpkin through the strainer ~ set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, soft butter and 35g sugar together, slowly add in whipping cream ~ beat till smooth.
- Add egg yolks one at a time until mixture combined.
- Then add pumpkin puree, mix well ~ add corn flour and cinnamon powder into cheese mixture. Lastly add in the diced pumpkin.
- Whisk up egg whites and 30g sugar till peak form. Use a spatula, fold egg whites into the cheese mixture and fold well.
- Pour filling on the cake base and steam bake at 160C for 1 hour.
kitchen note: Add some cinnamon sugar on top before bake if prefer. Those who prefer more sweetness to this cake may add more sugar.