I love sweet potato because it is not only healthy, high in fiber but it has a natural sweetness. The purple one is my favourite because of its colour. So here is my Purple Sweet potato dessert soup with snow fungus. After being cooked, the dessert soup is purplish in colour due to its natural colour and I like the crunchy snow fungus too. (Snow fungus is rich in protein, vitamins and other minerals).
Purple Sweet Potato Dessert Soup
- 350 g purple sweet potato - remove skin and cut into small pieces
- 1 piece snow fungus - about 35g
- 2 litres water
- 120 g rock sugar or to taste
- 4 pandan/screwpine leaves - knotted
- Soak the snow fungus in water till it becomes soft, about 20 minutes Snip off and discard the yellow hard part on the under side of the snow fungus. Cut up the snow fungus into very tiny parts.
- In a pot, bring the water to a boil, add in the knotted pandan leaves and snow fungus. Let it boil at medium heat for about 30 minutes till the fungus becomes soft.
- Add in the sweet potato cubes, let it simmer till cooked about 20 minutes.
- Add rock sugar to taste, stir through till sugar is dissolved. Discard pandan leaves.
- Serve warm or chilled.
recipe adapted from No-Frills Recipes with slight adjustments
I don’t know about you, but I just love the colour! 紫色是我最喜欢的颜色！你呢？
- 350克 紫薯，去皮切小块状
- 1朵 银耳， 约35克
- 2毫升 清水
- 120克 冰糖或适量
- 4片 香兰叶，打结