I baked this soft, light and almost melt-in-your mouth Souffle Matcha Souffle Cheesecake during the year end holiday, as a family treat. This is one of my favourite recipes and I have baked with this recipe a few times, with differrnt versions. This time I used Matcha powder which brings out the matcha fragrance in the cheesecake. This cake is not overly sweet despite using white chocolate. Moreover, this can be easily prepared as only five ingredients are required which will be suitable for a small family. This Souffle Match Cheesecake is a simple, yet elegant dessert which will be most looked forward to for anyone who enjoys matcha and I’ll definitely bake this yummy cheesecake again for the coming Chinese Lunar New Year for my guests at home.
Cranberry Cheesecake – you may check the step by step method from here
蔓越莓乳酪蛋糕 – 可参这里的做法骤图
Soufflé Matcha Cheesecake
- 250 g cream cheese - room temperature
- 240 g white chocolate - Meiji brand
- 6 cold eggs - 70g each
- 2 tbsp corn flour (starch)
- 1.5 tbsp matcha powder - + 2 tbsp hot water mix to paste
- Line a 8 inch cake pan at the bottom and grease the sides with butter, set aside. Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.
- Separate the eggs. Place egg whites in the fridge which makes the meringue more stable.
- Break white chocolate into pieces in a large bowl and melt in a double boiler over hot water. Mix chocolate to smooth. Then add cream cheese into it and stir till smooth with a hand whisk.
- Remove the bowl from double boiler. Add egg yolks, mix well followed by corn flour and matcha paste mix well again with a hand whisk, set aside.
- Whisk 6 egg whites with an electric mixer until firm peaks form. If it's thick enough, you can turn the bowl upside down without it sliding out.
- Add ⅓ meringue into the cream cheese batter and blend well with a rubber spatula. Then add the rest of the meringue and mix well.
- Pour cheese mixture into pan and drop the pan lightly on the counter top to release the air bubbles out of the batter.
- Steam bake the cake for 20 minutes then lower the temperature to 160 degrees C for 20 minutes. Turn off the oven temperature and leave the cake inside the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Leave the cake to cool completely before removing from the cake pan. Chill the cake before consuming （about 2-3 hours)
- 250克 奶油奶酪 （温室中待软化）
- 6个 冷鸡蛋，越70克一个
- 240克 白巧克力
- 2汤匙 玉米粉
- 1.5汤匙 抹茶粉+2汤匙热水 = 混匀成酱