As I wanted to use up my matcha powder that was bought from Japan and some remaining chocolate cream, I put them together to bake this simple matcha cheesecake without the base crust and use the chocolate cream as topping. The matcha cheesecake smells wonderful during baking. I shared this delicious dessert with my home guests and when they gave their thumbs up, I was so happy as this light and delicate chocolate matcha cheesecake is simply divine!
Chocolate Matcha Cheesecake
- 250 g cheese cream room temperature
- 30 g caster sugar
- 70 ml dairy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- 3 egg yolks used large egg
- 3 egg whites
- 40 g caster sugar
- 120 g semi sweet chocolate chop to pieces
- 80 ml dairy whipping cream
- 15 g soft butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Grease the sides of a 8 inch round cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 160 degree C.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar together at low speed. Gradually pour in whipping cream, beat till smooth at medium speed. Continue beating and add matcha powder, mix well. Add egg yolks one at a time and beat until all combined.
- In another clean bowl, whisk egg whites till foamy. Add sugar in batches and whisk to peak form. Use a rubber spatula to fold egg whites to cheese mixture in 3 batches.
- Pour matcha cheese mixture into prepared cake pan. Steam bake in preheated oven for about 1 hour. It should feel set, but not rigidly so.
- Leave cheesecake to cool down completely before spreading the chocolate cream on top. (may also chill the cake for a few hours before doing the topping).
- Chocolate cream - Place chopped chocolate pieces and butter into a bowl, set aside (remaining chocolate cream can be kept in the chiller for few weeks).
- Bring whipping cream to a boil at medium heat, then pour over the chocolate pieces. Stir chocolate mixture till smooth. Spread 2-3 layers of chocolate cream on top of the cheesecake.Then chill cheesecake for a few hours before serving.
- 用剩下的抹茶粉和巧克力酱凑合做了这个芝士蛋糕 – 蛋糕还蛮香，甜而不腻，口感超好！
- 30克 细砂糖
- 70毫升 动物性鲜奶油
- 1汤匙 抹茶粉 （过筛）
- 3个 蛋黄（用大鸡蛋）
- 3个 蛋白
- 40克 细砂糖
- 120克 半甜巧克力
- 805克 动物性奶油
- 15克 软牛油
- 1/2茶匙 香草香精
- 再另一个干净大碗，把蛋白打至起泡，细糖分次加入， 打致硬性发泡。蛋白霜分3次拌入奶油芝士糊里，用刮刀翻拌均匀。
- 巧克力酱 – 巧克力碎和牛油放入碗中，备用。（用不完的巧克力收进冰箱冷藏几个星期都不会坏）
- 以中火将奶油煮滚即可，倒在巧克力上,搅拌至顺滑, 涂上2-3层巧克力酱在蛋糕上。蛋糕收进冰箱冷藏数小时即可享用。