Quick and easy stir fried chicken with basil is very suitable for busy moms. Not only is it tasty and delicious, it takes only about 15-20 minutes of cooking time. The ingredients are quite similar to the 3 cup chicken. It has – sesame oil, light soy sauce and cooking wine. Personally, I prefer dark and rich coloured chicken meat, so I added dark soy sauce and some corn starch solution. Alternativley and if you prefer, you can use coriander leaves and spring onions to replace the basil leaves. This stir fried chicken with basil dish is indeed a very appetising dish packed with aromatic flavour that goes very well with hot rice.
Stir Fried Chicken with Basil
- 700 g boneless chicken leg (2 pieces) - with or without skin on
- 1/2 tbsp rock sugar - or coarse sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp Chinese cooking rice wine
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 10 clove garlic
- 6 slices ginger
- 2 red chilli, cut to fine - optional
- 1 tsp corn starch + 1 tsp water - optional
- 30 g fresh basil leaves - or coriander leaves and spring onion
- Cut chicken meat to bite sizes and season with a dash of pepper
- Heat wok and add sesame oil, at medium heat, add rock sugar and stir till dissolved. Then add ginger, garlic and chilli, fry till aromatic.
- At high heat, drop in chicken meat and stir fry for a while, add cooking wine, light soy sauce and dark soy sauce and stir well. Cover with a lid and simmer for about 15-20 minutes at medium low heat or till meat fully cooked. Remove lid and turn back to high heat and pour in corn starch solution to thicken the sauce and stir mixture well.
- Lastly throw in basil leaves and toss well, off heat. Dish up and serve immediately.
- 2个 无骨鸡腿肉 （要不要带皮你喜欢）
- 1/2汤匙 冰糖或砂糖
- 2汤匙 麻油
- 2汤匙 米酒
- 2汤匙 酱请
- 1汤匙 黑酱油
- 10粒 蒜头
- 6片 姜片
- 2条 辣椒， 切细 （可不放）
- 1茶匙 玉米粉 + 1茶匙水，混匀 （可不加）
- 30克 九辰塔 （用芫荽和青葱代替也可以）