This version of purple sweet potato pancakes or glutinous rice cake are quite similar to my recipe of Chinese pumpkin pancakes that I have shared before. For this recipe, I made the purple sweet potato filling from scratch which can be easily done at home. These purple sweet potato pancakes are a little chewy and crisp on the outside after pan-fried. Just perfect as an afternoon healthy snack or for breakfast.
Purple Sweet Potato Pancakes
- 250 g purple sweet potato
- 2.5 tbsp honey
- 1.5 tbsp corn oil
- 200 g glutinous rice flour
- 150-180 ml water - room temperature
- white sesame seeds
- Steam purple sweet potato with skin on till very soft, for about 20 minutes. Drain the excess water and remove skin, then measure potatoes to 200g.
- Place the cooked sweet potato, honey and corn oi in a food processor and blend to a fine smooth dough (about 30 seconds). Alternatively, you can also use a fork to mash the sweet potato till very fine Then add in the honey and corn oil together and knead till combined. Leave mixture to cool completely
- Divide sweet potato dough into 10 to 11 small balls, about 10 grams each and set aside.
- Place glutinous rice flour in a bowl and slowly pour water about 150g into it. Mix the mixture with a rubber spatula. Add a little more water if dough is too dry and knead to smooth and pliable that doesn't stick to the hand. Divide dough into 10 to 11 pieces.
- Wrap the dough with sweet potato paste inside and roll into a round ball. Then gently flatten it with your palm or rolling pin between plastic sheets to a round disc. Coat and gently press both sides with white sesame seeds.
- Then pan fry the pancakes with oil under medium low heat on both sides for about 2-3 minutes till cooked.
做法非常简单, 口感Q弹, 紫薯馅也不会很甜；属于低热量健康食品
- 250克 紫薯
- 2.5汤匙 蜂蜜
- 1.5汤匙 玉米油
- 200克 糯米粉
- 150-180克 开水
- 将薯泥揉成10- 11粒小圆球，一粒约10克，备用。