I’ve bookmarked this recipe from Helena’s blog for more than 2 months but until two days ago I suddenly remembered that this recipe does not have butter as one of the ingredients. It is a very simple chocolate cake but yummy and not very sweet too with using dairy whipping cream. The method of mixing the ingredients is really easy and the texture of the cake is not dense with tender crumbs. I baked this cake in cupcake liners so that I can serve them individually for tea break but you can also bake it in a loaf pan. If you still have any leftover whipping cream at home and ran out of ideas what to do with it, why not this Whipping Cream Chocolate Cake recipe a try.
Whipping Cream Chocolate Cake
- 150 g dairy whipping cream
- 3 large eggs (70g each) room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 80 g brown sugar
- 120 g self-raising flour or cake flour + 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 30 g cocoa powder Valrhona or Hershey's)
- some chocolate chips for topping
- Whisk up dairy whipping cream with an electric hand held mixer to soft peaks at medium speed (about 4 minutes) and set aside. (to test it, just the drip the cream on the surface and it should stay there for a 1-2 seconds then you have the right consistency).
- In another clean bowl, whisk eggs, vanilla extract and brown sugar at high speed about 3-4 minutes at soft peaks form, no need to be very thick as double volume. To test it, you can write a letter "O" on the surface of egg batter and it should stay there for a few seconds)
- Then quickly mix in the dairy whipping cream (step 1 to step 2) with a hand whisk.
- Combine self-raising flour and cocoa powder together and sieve into the egg mixture in two batches. Gently fold the mixture with a rubber spatula till smooth.
- Pour batter into 8 cupcake liners and some chocolate chips on top. Bake at preheated oven at 160 deg C for about 20-25 minutes or until skewer inserted comes dry.
- 150g 动物性鲜奶油
- 3粒 大鸡蛋（室温）
- 1茶匙 香草香精
- 80克 黄糖