This pretty Apple Rose Chiffon Cake is getting popular in some of the FB baking groups lately. So, there is nothing to stop me from joining in the fun to make this light, moist and soft yummy cake. The cake is a bit sourish and the apple slices are crunchy. The cake is perfect to my liking and it’s great as a giveaway gift to friends but just a little hiccup is that the cake shrank a little after cooling down. So I’ve made some adjustments in my recipe below and hope you have fun making this Apple Rose Chiffon Cake too!
Apple Rose Chiffon Cake
- 3 egg yolks - used large eggs
- 25 g caster sugar
- 40 ml corn oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 g grated apple
- 75 g cake flour or plain flour
- 1 red apple
- 150 ml water - plus 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 egg whites
- 50 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Add the lemon juice to the water. Cut the apples in half with skin on and core them, then cut into thin slices, about 2mm thickness.
- Place the sliced apples into the bowl of lemon water. Microwave (about 1-2 minutes) until the apples are pliable, soft but not mushy. （reserve 1 tablespoon apple liquid to grated apple)
- Drain the apple slices and dry them with kitchen towel.
- Grate apple and mix well with 1 tablespoon apple liquid.
- In a large bowl, stir well egg yolks, vanilla extract and sugar with a hand whisk. Add grated apple and oil, stir well again to combine. Sift in flour and mix well.
- Whisk egg whites and lemon juice till frothy with an electric mixer at low speed, gradually add in the sugar in batches. Continue beating egg whites at medium speed till stiff peaks form.
- Add ⅓ of the egg whites into egg yolk mixture, fold well with a rubber spatula. Then gently fold in the rest of egg whites till combined.
- Pour batter into a 7 inch removable cake pan. Gently arrange apple slices on top of the batter into a rose form. **no need to line or grease the baking pan**
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg C for 15 minutes. Then lower temperature to 160 deg C and bake for another 35-40 minutes.
- Invert the cake pan immediately to cool completely before removing the cake from pan.
- 3个 鸡蛋黄 （用大鸡蛋）
- 25克 细砂糖
- 40克 玉米油
- 1/2茶匙 香草香精
- 50克 磨碎苹果泥
- 75克 低筋面粉或普通面粉
- 1粒 红苹果
- 150毫升 水 + 1茶匙 柠檬汁
- 4个 蛋白
- 50克 细砂糖
- 1茶匙 柠檬汁
- 蛋白霜 – 用电动打蛋器（低速度）把蛋白及塔塔粉打致起泡泡，细砂糖分次加入，然后用中速度将蛋白打致硬性发泡。