I bought this bundt pan from Ikea many years ago and look at this pound cake, looks nice with that beautiful golden brown on top.
When I released the pound cake from the bundt pan, I just WOW….beautiful isn’t it?
And of course I am the first one to taste this cake..LOL …Mmmm…my verdict ~~ really moist and soft with little sourish because of the blueberries in it…Perfect! Just remember not to over bake as it will make the cake slightly dry.
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (not sure about the 1/2 cup of butter to grams, so used 125g)
1.5 cups Hong Kong, sifted (180g, I used plain flour)
1/2 tsp Salt
1 cup Caster sugar (200g but I used 180g)
3 Large eggs
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 cup quality heavy whipping cream (250ml, I used Milac whipping cream from Phoon Huat)
250g Fresh or Frozen blueberries
- Grease bundt pan with butter and dust flour evenly in pan, knock out the excess flour or spray Non-stick spray evenly in pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together till light and fluffy.
- Sift the plain flour and salt together and set aside.
- Add eggs in to the batter one at a time and mix well before adding in another.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well again. Then add 1/4 of the plain flour in and mix well. Now add 1/3 of the whipping cream and mix. Repeat this, alternating flour and cream till all is mixed in (do not mix too long).
- Toss blueberries with 1 tbsp of plain flour and add to the batter. Fold it with a rubber spatula.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and place in the preheated oven at 180C and bake for 40 mins or till the tester comes out clean.
- Leave pound cake to cool in tin for 30 mins and remove cake then place on to rack to cool completely.