2 Large Eggs
125g Optima Flour
1 tsp vanilla essence
35g Corn oil or melted butter – to be added last
- Beat all the ingredients together till thick then slowly add in corn oil and well.
- Bake in a 8″ lined cake tin at pre-heated oven 170C – 30 mins.
- Leave cake to cool and cut into 2 slices.
Prepare Cherry Mousse – 1 big can of Dark Sweet Pitted Cherries
170g Dark sweet pitted cherries
110g Cherry syrup
15g Gelatine powder
250g Whipped fresh cream
1/2 tbsp Kirsch liqueur
- Put dark sweet cherries and cherry syrup into blender and puree it.
- Boil sugar, cherries puree and gelatine powder together. Leave to cool.
- Fold in whipped fresh cream and kirsch liqueur to the cherries puree.
- And spread mousse on cake and place dark sweet cherries on it and cover with 2nd piece of cake, then spread the balance on top. Leave the mousse cake to set in refrigerator for few hours to set.
120g Dark sweet pitted cherries syrip
1 tsp Gelatine powder + 1/4 tsp Agar agar powder
- Put all ingredients together and boil till sugar and gelatine, agar agar powder dissolved.
- Let it cool down a little and slowly pour on mousse cake.