This soft and feather light pandan chiffon cake tasted perfect and fragrant with coconut cream and freshly squeezed pandan juice. The natural pastel green colour came from the pandan juice itself (anyway, if you prefer a deeper green, just add a little green colouring into the batter) and the sweetness is just right, not too sweet to my liking. This pandan chiffon cake also happens to be one of my family’s all time favourite.
Making the pandan juice is very easy with the help of a blender and some water. Then place the blended pandan leaves inside a disposable or muslin bag and squeeze out the juice as much as you can (in fact I had shared how to extract a more pure pandan juice before in my old post, mini pandan butter cake) Store pandan juice in an airtight container in the refrigerator and it can last for a week.
use a pair of scissors and snip 20 pandan leaves to small pieces and blend with 150ml water in batches till fine
Chiffon Pandan Cake
- 3 egg yolks
- 30 g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp pandan juice
- 30 g coconut cream - Kara brand
- 40 g corn oil
- 70 g cake flour or plain flour
- 4 egg whites
- 50 g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- In a large bowl, mix egg yolks, sugar and oil well with a hand whisk. Combine coconut cream and pandan juice together and pour into egg mixture, stir well. Sift in cake flour and mix well again.
- Whisk egg whites till frothy, gradually add in the sugar in batches. Continue beating till egg whites are stiff but not dry
- Add ⅓ of the egg whites into the egg mixture, fold well with a rubber spatula. Then gently fold in the rest of egg whites till combined.
- Pour batter into a 18cm chiffon tube pan and bake in preheated oven 160 deg C for about 40 minutes.
- Invert cake immediately on a wire rack to cool completely before unmoulding
- 3个 鸡蛋黄
- 30克 细砂糖
- 2汤匙 香兰汁
- 30克 椰奶 （Kara牌）
- 40克 玉米油
- 70克 底筋或中筋面粉
- 4个 蛋白
- 50克 细砂糖
- 1茶匙 塔塔粉
- 蛋白霜 – 用搅拌机把蛋白及塔塔粉打致起泡泡，细砂糖分次加入，打致硬发泡。