This very easy Chinese cabbage soup with glass noodles soup (mung bean vermicelli) is a regular home cooked dish whenever I’ve some leftover vegetables in my refridgerator. Besides. adding roast duck into the soup, you can also add leftover roast pork or even salmon fish head. The soup base is very tasty with the combination of cabbage, dried shrimp and roast duck. You can serve this as a soup dish or as a one-dish meal with the addition of glass noodles.
Chinese Cabbage Soup with Glass Noodles ~ light, flavourful and satisying
Chinese Cabbage Soup with Glass Noodles
- 500 g Chinese cabbage
- 1 stick carrot
- 600 ml chicken stock Swanson brand
- 600 ml water
- 3 clove garlic chopped
- 50 g dried shrimp
- 2-3 bundle glass noodle
- 500 g roast duck/roast pork or salmon fish head
- Soak dried shrimps in water for 10 minutes and roughly chop (reserve shrimp water for later use). Soak glass noodles in water for 10 minutes and drain well.
- Heat up wok with some oil. Add garlic and dried shrimps, fry to aromatic. Throw in cabbage and carrot, stir fry for about 2 minutes. Add dried shrimp water, chicken stock and water, bring to boil. Cover and simmer at medium heat for about 15 minutes or vegetables softened.
- Lastly add roast duck and glass noodles and simmer for another 10-15 minutes or glass noodles fully cooked through. Serve hot immediately.
- 500克 白菜，切粗条
- 1条 胡萝卜，切片
- 600毫升 鸡汤 （Swanon brand 牌子）
- 600毫升 清水
- 3粒 蒜头，剁碎
- 50克 虾米
- 2-3束 冬粉
- 500克 烧鸭，切小块状 （可用烧肉或三文鱼头）