Chocolate Banana Cake 巧克力香蕉蛋糕
This not overly sweet but fragrant chocolate banana cake is quick to whip up without using an electric mixer. Just a hand whisk and spatula will do the job of mixing the ingredients quickly, then sending the cake to bake in the oven for about 30 minutes. This recipe is one that I adapted from XHS with some adjustments. If you have ripe bananas on the counter, you must try this cake loaded with sliced bananas and adding chocolate chips make the cake soft and moist even after being chilled, the cake is not dense. In fact I regretted not doubling the recipe, as you can see the cake is quite flat but it is definitely a keeper!
Chocolate Banana Cake ~ definitely a keeper recipe!
If you’re new to my blog and would like to receive new post update and never miss a recipe, please subscribe with your email address at follow.it (the subscribe box is at the sidebar or click at the following >> Anncoo Journal below the recipe). ~~ Thank you!
Chocolate Banana Cake
- 60 g egg without shell - lightly beaten
- 50 g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 70 g fresh milk
- 10 g rum - or change to milk
- 45 g corn oil
- 55 g cake flour or plain flour
- 15 g cornstarch
- 20 g cocoa powder
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 50 g chocolate chips
- 150 g sliced bananas - about 1cm thick
- more chocolate chips for topping
- Combine egg, sugar and vanilla extract together with a hand whisk.
- Add milk and rum stir well followed by corn oil, stir well thoroughly.
- Sieve flour, corn flour, cocoa powder and baking together into the wet mixture and gently mix well.
- Drop in chocolate chips and banana slices. roughly fold with a spatula
- Pour batter mixture into a lined pan (8 x 4½ inches with parchment paper all sides up) with more chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170 degrees C for about 30 minutes or a skewer into cake and comes out clean.
- Release cake from pan after 15 minutes and place on wire rack to cool down completely before consuming.
- Please keep in mind that all oven temperatures and baking time varies.
- Bake for about 40 minutes for double recipe.
- 巧克力香蕉蛋糕 Chocolate Banana Cake
- 60克 鸡蛋液 （无蛋壳）
- 50克 细砂糖
- 1/2茶匙 香草香精
- 70克 牛奶
- 10克 兰姆酒 （可用牛奶代替）
- 45克 玉米油
- 55克 底筋面粉或普通面粉
- 15克 玉米淀粉
- 20克 可可粉
- 1.5茶匙 泡打粉
- 50克 巧克力粒
- 150克 熟香蕉，切片 约1cm厚
- 面粉，玉米淀粉，可可粉和泡打粉筛入湿料中，搅至无干粉 （不可过度的搅拌）。
- 把面糊混合物倒入长方形烤盘（8 x 4.5寸，铺上油纸），表面撒上适量巧克力粒即可。
hi, if substitute rum to milk, which means total milk to use is 80g?
Yes, total 80g milk if rum is opted out.