This year I’m making this baked Chocolate Mooncake with Ferrero Rocher wrapped in the center, east meets west fusion. It is a good combination, fragrant and nutty. My chocolate mc is very dark as valrhona cocoa powder has been added to the skin while the filling is almost black because it is tiramisu lotus paste which I bought from Sunlik. I have also adjusted the recipe from my previous post as I had received many feedback from readers that the mooncake skin is still very dry even after 3 days. Hence I’ve increased the oil a little and waited 3 days for the moonies to be softened (return oil). The moonccake turned out yummy, the skin is not so dry this time but not as soft as those traditional baked mooncake with lotus paste. Overall it is a great treat for everyone to enjoy for the coming Mid-Autumn Mooncake Festival.
Chocolate Mooncake with Ferrero Rocher ~ fragrant and nutty ~
Chocolate Mooncake with Ferrero Rocher
- 115 g plain flour/all purpose flour
- 20 g cocoa powder - I used valrhona cocoa powder
- 90 g sugar syrup - or golden syrup
- 45 g peanut oil - I used corn oil
- 1/2 tsp alkaline water
- 210 g tiramisu lotus paste (from Sunlik) - divide into 12 portions, 17g each
- 12 pcs ferrero rocher
- Blend sugar syrup, corn oil and alkaline water together thoroughly.
- Sift plain flour and cocoa powder in a bowl. Make a well in the center and pour sugar syrup mixture. Using a rubber spatula to mix and form to a soft dough. Cover with a cling wrap and let it rest for 15 minutes. Divide dough into 12 portions, 22 grams each.
- Weigh each portion of tiramisu lotus paste to 17g + ferrero rocher 13 grams = 30 grams. Wrap the ferrero rocher inside the lotus paste. Then wrap the paste filling in the dough.
- Roll the dough into ball and dust with some flour. Press firmly into mould, unmould and place on a lined baking tray.
- Bake at preheated oven 170C for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and rest mooncakes to cool for about 15 minutes. Then bake the chocolate mooncakes again for another 13-15 minutes.
- Leave mooncakes to cool down completely and dust with edible gold dust before storing into an airtight container. This mooncake can be eaten immediately after baked or wait for about 3 days for the mooncake skin to soften (回油) before consuming (no egg wash).
- 115克 普通面粉
- 20克 无糖巧克力粉 （我用valrhona可可粉）
- 90克 糖浆
- 45克 花生油 （我用玉米油）
- ½茶匙 碱水
- 210克 提拉米苏莲蓉(买现成的），分成等12份，约22克克一份，搓圆
- 将金沙13克 包入莲蓉里（17克）=30克，搓圆。然后包入饼皮里，