A) 300g Fresh durian (blended) & 30g sugar – cook together till sugar dissolved & leave to cool
B) 70g Fresh cream -whip to peak form and leave aside
200g Instant custard powder
360g Cold fresh milk
- Mix instant custard and cold fresh milk at low speed till well mixed. Add in the whipped cream and lastly add in the durian puree. Mix well and keep in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before applying to the puff.
1/2tsp Baking powder
125g Plain flour
- Boil water and butter together and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Add in flour and baking powder. Stir vigorously till mixtures leave the side of the pot.
- Transfer mixtures into the cake mixer and beat mixtures to a dough at lower speed. Dough must be cool down slightly and add eggs one at a time. Dough must be smooth.
- Line baking tray (14 x 14″) with baking sheet.
- Use piping bag to pipe out a puff shape.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 200C – 25 to 30 mins.
- Leave puff to cool and use piping bag to pipe durian into puff.
May I know can I pipe 12 dough of 1-1/2″ each onto a 10″ square tray leaving
a space of 1″ to 1-1/2″ in-between?
I made these puff into mini sizes. Think 10 inch square tray is quite small Can try in two trays.
Eunice, Fresh cream is the type of cream for making mousse cake. Please refer to my Banana Chocolate cake~~ the pic of fresh cream is there and I bought it at Phoon Huat.
Hi Anncoo, may i noe what is fresh cream? is it same as whipping cream?? where to buy?
ooo delicious… i want to try this…
Sorry I really don't know the ratio between custard powder and milk.
When I want to make custard cream puff, I usually buy the instant custard powder from supermarket. I can't remember the brand but it is something like orange-red colour container. The instruction of mixing custard is on the container.
If I want to omit the durian & only use custard, so how much more custard powder I should add in.
Of course you can reduce the custard powder but I think you need to eat straight from fridge because the filling will be too soft.
Nowadays, some change the filling to durian mix with whipped fresh cream and store it in the freezer.
I think i wan to try this tonight. Since there's custard powder in the ingredient, is the durian taste less prominent? Can i reduce the custard powder and increase the durian flesh? I'm still considering whther to use durian mousse as filling or use this durian custard filling.. Thanks for ur advice..
Thanks Anncoo for sharing this yummy recipe. I tried it today and was very successful , pls visit my blog to see the result….. thanks again 🙂
Full Timed Housefly,
Thank you for your compliments.
I found your blog also very interesting, will visit more often.
Wow your durian puff looks so tempting make me " lau nuah " liao ! When I see blogger like yourself with such good baking skill , I really feel very inferior because I'm the " Baking Disaster Queen "… LOL… no kidding.
Thank you! Yours also not bad..:D
Your durian puffs look good too.
I must try this, haha!
Thank you for visiting my blog. Please do come often and drop a few lines.
Durian fascinates me…….I'm never quite sure what to do with it, this is a wonderfully inspiring way to use it!