These cute little tarts were made of sweet crust pastry and tangy of orange custard. They were wonderful and tasted delicious with some mandarin orange garnish. You can make the crust pastry and shape it into tart shells a day ahead, keep refrigerated. As for the filling this can be done the following day. They look very impressive and is a perfect treat to serve at a birthday party or any other occasion.
- Sweet Tart Pastry
- 110g Plain flour
- 55g Cold butter, cut to cubes
- 20g Icing sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp Ice water
Fillings: (makes 22)
- 3 Eggs (60-65g each)
- 100g Caster sugar
- 100ml Fresh orange juice
- zest of 1 orange
- ½ tbsp Green lime juice
- 2 canned Mandarin orange
- ~ drain and blot the oranges on paper towel to remove excess liquid.
- Sweet tart pastry - Sift flour and icing sugar into a bowl. Add cold butter and rub with your finger tips till mixture becomes sandy.
- Add in ice water and knead mixture to form dough. Add a little more ice water if the dough is too dry.
- Shape it into ball and wrap it with foil then store in freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Press a small piece of dough (about 12g) into tart tin. Trim the edges with a sharp knife. Prick the pastry at the bottom of the case with a small fork.
- Bake at preheated oven at 180C for 20 minutes till pale yellow. Remove and set aside.
- Filling - Mix all the fillings ingredient in a measuring cup, stir gently till sugar dissolved and strain through a sieve.
- Pour fillings into baked tarts till 90% full and bake at 180C for 15-20 minutes and leave to cool on wire rack.
- Top with some mandarin oranges and dust with icing sugar/snow powder or brush with some apricot gel on top.
Recipe adapted from the cookbook Pastries & Tarts by Alan Ooi with slight adjustments
- 甜塔皮 （可做16个）
- 110克 面粉
- 55克 冷牛油，切丁
- 20克 糖粉
- 1汤匙 冰水
- 3个 全蛋 （约60-65克一个）
- 100克 细白糖
- 100毫升 香橙汁
- 1粒 鲜橙皮屑
- 1/2汤匙 青柠檬汁
- 2小罐 橙片，用厨房纸吸去多余的水分