Matcha Pancake 抹茶松饼
This thick and a little chewy Matcha Pancake is delicious as a snack treat for your family to enjoy. The texture of the pancake is quite similar to the Min Jiang Kueh 面煎粿 (peanut pancake or apam balik in Malay) which you can easily find recipes online using baking powder and baking soda. It’s a popular snack commonly found in hawker centers in Singapore, as well as in Indonesia and Malaysia. The pancake is the most versatile that can be mixed and matched with different filling on your own creation. Besides peanut filling, you can have black sesame paste, coconut and even mochi too. It’s so easy to make this pancake at home without much fuss but just to wait for the yeast to ferment in an hour. Just take a few minutes to cook the pancake in a non-stick frying pan and add your favourite filling, then fold the pancake into half and get ready to serve. recipe adapted from here
Matcha Pancake ~ a delicious snack treat for your family to enjoy!
If you’re new to my blog and would like to receive new post update and never miss a recipe, please subscribe with your email address at follow.it (the subscribe box is at the sidebar or click at the following >> Anncoo Journal below the recipe). ~~ Thank you!
You may like this 您或许会喜欢 (recipe/食谱） ~ Dorayaki (Japanese Red Bean Pancake) 铜锣烧
- 120 g plain flour
- 30 g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp instant yeast - about 2 grams
- 2 tsp matcha powder - about 4 grams
- 30 g warm water
- 1 egg
- 140 g water
- red bean paste
- In a bowl, place flour, sugar and dry yeast together and mix well.
- Combine matcha powder and 30g warm water together in another bowl. Then add in egg and 140g water, stir well and pour into flour mixture. Stir well the mixture and cover with cling wrap, set aside to rest for one hour or till mixture looks foamy and bubbly.
- Stir matcha batter to smooth. Heat up a non-stick flat frying pan (8 inch) at medium low heat. Brush pan with little oil.
- Pour in the matcha batter and swirl the pan around to allow the batter seat evenly on the pan. Wait till the surface is set (cooked) about 5-6 minutes. Off heat and spread adequate red bean paste on one side of the pancake and fold it up with a spatula. Slice and serve.
- 抹茶松饼 Matcha Pancake
- 120克 中筋面粉，过筛
- 30克 细沙糖30克
- 1/4茶匙 即溶酵母 （约2克）
- 2茶匙 克 抹茶粉，（约4克）
- 30克 温水
- 1个 鸡蛋
- 140克 水