For my first post for 2013, I’m sharing with you these Mini Golden Chocolate Cakes. These ‘Golden’ Chocolate Cakes are made up of a combination of golden cheese powder and valrhona cocoa powder. The mini cakes turned out soft and a little cheesy with the fragrance of chocolate as well. They’re perfect for party as the baking time only takes about 12 minutes. You may not be able to find this golden cheese powder here because this cheese powder was brought back from Taiwan when my friend was holidaying there recently but you can definitely replace it with grated cheddar cheese instead. After reading the recipe, please stay put to join the giveaway below.
- Grease two mini muffin pans and set aside.
- Sieve flour, baking powder and salt together, add golden cheese powder into it and mix them well, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add 2 tbsp natural yoghurt, mix well. Add eggs one at a time and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Add flour mixture and milk alternately into creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Divide batter into two portion. One portion mix well with cocoa paste.
- Use a teaspoon and scoop chocolate mixture into mini cake pan half full and top up with plain batter.
- Bake at preheated oven 180 degree C and bake for 10-12 minutes or when skewer inserted into cake and comes out clean. Remove cake from cake pan and leave to cool completely on wire rack.
You can find the golden cheese powder here in Taiwan
OK, friends and readers, first of all I want to express my heartfelt thanks for all your wonderful blog comments, support to Anncoo Journal and caring in my short absence from blogging last year. To show my appreciation, I’m giving away these pretty key chains with quotation quotes and cutey fruit note pads to four lucky winners.
- How to join:
- Readers from Malaysia, Singapore, foreign countries (anyone in the world) and of course not forgetting my dear silent readers will each receive one key chain and a cutey fruit note pad .
- To enter the giveaway, please leave your comment with your name, blog name or email address and state where are you from (which country).
- Giveaway starts today 1st January and ends on next Monday 6th January 2013 9pm Singapore time.
- The four lucky winners will be randomly picked through random.org and will be announced by next Wednesday 9th January 2013.