class="at-above-post addthis_tool" data-url="https://www.anncoojournal.com/orange-chocolate-cake_01/">
190g Optima Flour
45g Corn oil
2 tsp Chocolate emulco
2 tsp Chocolate paste
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs, water and optima flour together and beat at high speed until mixture becomes thick then slowly add in corn oil and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a 8″ lined cake tin.
- Bake at pre-heated oven at 175C for about 30 mins.
- Leave sponge cake to cool and cut into 3 slices.
- Orange Chocolate Ingredients:
250g Semi sweet chocolate – cut to small pieces
100g Valrhona 66% Chocolate
200g Whipping cream
40g Orange juice & orange zest
2 tsp Orange flavour
2 tsp Orange cointreau
- In a big bowl add in semi sweet chocolate and valrhona chocolate together, use double boiler to melt the chocolate.
- In another pot, boil the whipping cream, orange juice and orange zest and sugar.
- When the sugar dissolved, add orange flavour together with orange cointreau, stir well and add the cream to the chocolate.
- Use a hand whisk to stir well and smooth.
- Leave the orange chocolate aside and rest for awhile.
- Place one piece of sponge cake at the bottom and pour some orange chocolate on it and spread it evenly then put it in refrigerator for a few minutes. Spread a 2nd layer of orange chocolate on top, follow by the sponge cake. Repeat the same step for the 2nd and 3rd piece of sponge cake.
- Decorate the orange chocolate cake as desire.