Raspberry Coconut Slice 覆盆子果酱椰香片
This Raspberry Coconut Slice is perfect for afternoon tea. This is a quick and easy recipe with simple ingredients that you can easily find in your home pantry. As the name implies this coconut slice has a crusty top layer which is full of coconut fragrance, a buttery cake base with a spread of raspberry jam in the middle. You can opt to swap with any other fruit jam of your choice.
Raspberry Coconut Slice
Author: Ann Low
Serves: 6 servings
- 90g butter, softened
- 95g caster sugar
- 1 egg, about 70g
- 35g self-raising flour
- 100g plain flour
- 1tbsp custard powder
- raspberry jam
- 1 cup desiccated coconut (80g)
- 40g caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, about 70g
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C, Line a 11 x 7.5 inches rectangular pan, all sides up.
- Cream butter, egg and sugar together in a bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Sift in flours and custard powder and fold well with a rubber spatula to a soft dough. Spread dough into pan, followed by a layer of raspberry jam or any fruit jam of your choice.
- Combine coconut topping in a bowl with a hand whisk and sprinkle evenly over jam.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden and cool in pan before removing slicing.
recipe adapted from the cookbook The Afternoon Tea Collection with some adjustments.
Author: Ann Low
- 90克 温室牛油
- 95克 细糖
- 1个 全蛋，约70克
- 35克 自发面粉
- 100克 普通面粉
- 1汤匙 蛋黄粉
- 80克 干椰丝
- 40克 细糖
- 1个 全蛋，打散，约70克
- 预热烤箱至摄氏180度。准备一个11 x 7.5寸烤盘，铺上烘焙纸，备用。
This post is linked to Cook Your Books Event #27 hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours
Also to the event Little Thumbs Up ~ October 2015 Event Theme : Coconut
organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY
and hosted by Jess of Bakericious
Hi Ann, will the top crust turn soft if I bake and chill in the fridge? Is this best to be consumed on the day itself? Thanks
Wow, your raspberry bars looks fabulous! This is the perfect teatime treat! Thanks for linking with CYB!
One of my favourite bars ! Very inviting. Hope you're having a fabulous week ahead dear.
Your jam slice looks lovely… Most Aussies like to bake their jam slices like what you did with desiccated coconut too.
Ann, so long never "see" you again lol. I can smell the fragrance from here, drooling now.
These are gorgeous!
哇！好棒哦。不但外形好看。味道应该也是会非常赞的吧！找天我也开工。哈哈 。。。 选个吉日先。
Your cake looks so delicious! have to make it. Greetings from Poland:)I
This quick + easy Raspberry Coconut Slice is yummy-licious ! Wish I could join you for tea/coffee break ^-^!
Ann, I can imagine how fragrant these raspberry coconut slice is!
Anything with coconut has got to be delicious! These slices look heavenly, Ann.
This is such lovely treat for anytime of the day.
It looks and feels so delicious! I always love your clicks very very much.
Thank you so much for shairng this to LTU!