Rice Flour Chiffon Cake 粘米粉戚风蛋糕
The texture of this gluten free yummy Rice Flour Chiffon Cake (with some corn flour) is no different from all the other chiffon cake recipes that I’d shared with you before on my blog. It is airy, light with soft tender crumb and is suitable for those who are allergic to wheat flour. To enhance the look and taste of this Rice Flour Chiffon cake, I added Valrhona cocoa powder to make a marbling effect by using a chopstick to swirl the plain and cocoa batters together. The cake turned out perfect with a sweet cocoa aroma. So perfect for our tea break!
airy, light with soft tender crumb and is suitable for those who are allergic to wheat flour
Rice Flour Chiffon Cake
- 4 egg yolks - used 60g egg with shell
- 70 g caster sugar
- 40 ml milk
- 40 ml corn oil
- 50 g rice flour
- 2 tbsp corn flour (starch)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Valrhona cocoa powder
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar - or salt
- 50 g caster sugar
- Preheat oven temperature to 160 deg C. Mix rice flour and corn flour together in a bowl, set aside.
- In a bowl, combine egg yolks and sugar, mix well with a hand whisk. Add milk and vanilla extract, mix well followed by corn oil and blend well. Sift in rice flour and corn flour into the egg mixture and stir well.
- Take out 6 tablespoons of plain egg yolk mixture into another bowl (A) and set aside. Sift in 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder into the remaining plain egg yolk mixture (bowl B), mix well and set aside.
- Make meringue - Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy. Add sugar in 3 separate rounds beat until egg whites are glossy, with stiff peaks.
- Add 7 tablespoons of beaten egg whites into plain egg yolk mixture (bowl A), fold well gently with a rubber spatula. Then the remaining egg whites (in two portions) to the cocoa mixture (bowl B), fold well.
- Spoon 2-3 heapful tablespoons of the cocoa batter into the center of a 7 inch removable cake pan (do not grease the pan). Add 1 tablespoon of plain batter on top. Continue doing this until all the mixture has been used. Then lightly swirl the batter with a chopstick.
- Bake in lower second rack of preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes. Invert cake immediately on a wire rack to cool completely before unmoulding
- 4个 蛋黄 （用60克鸡蛋）
- 70克 细砂糖
- 40毫升 牛奶
- 40毫升 玉米油
- 50克 粘米粉
- 2汤匙 玉米淀粉
- 1/2茶匙 香草香精
- 1汤匙 法芙娜可可粉
- 4个 蛋白
- 1/2茶匙 塔塔粉或盐
- 50克 细砂糖
- 蛋白霜 – 用搅拌机把蛋白和塔塔粉打致起泡泡，细砂糖分3次加入，打致硬性发泡。
- 先在烤盘上的中间加入2-3大汤匙可可面糊（7寸活底蛋糕烤盘 – 无需抹油），再放上1汤白面糊。重复此动作至完。然后用筷子随意划出花纹就可以了。
May i know which brand of rice flour you are using that i can buy from Spore ? thanks
Hi Lean, just posted the rice flour picture in the recipe.
Lovely cake with nice decoration!
As always, your baked goods are beautiful. The cake looks so airy and tender.