After I finished baking my family’s favourite cornflakes cookies, I still have about half a box of cornflakes left in the pantry. Not putting them to waste, the easiest way is to make this popular Salted Egg Crispy Cornflakes. You can get this done in a relatively short time. It is so crispy and addictive! It makes a great savoury good snack for Chinese New Year too! The main ingredients are butter, salted egg yolks and curry leaves. Anyway you can find many similar recipes online as some people like to add bird eye chillies or even curry powder, to enhance the flavour of the cornflakes.
By the way, in this post I’d like to let you all know that I’ve given up RSS Feedburner and switched to follow.it. I’ve also moved all my previous subscribers’ replacement to follow.it. If you’re new to my blog and would like to receive new post update and never miss a recipe, please subscribe with your email address at follow.it (the subscribe box is at the sidebar or click at the following >> Anncoo Journal below the recipe). There are additional features when you use follow.it (which didn’t exist on Feedburner), you can now define filters and more delivery channels, e.g. to receive your news via Telegram, news page etc.
Home grown curry leaves 自家种的咖喱叶
Salted Egg Crispy Cornflakes
- 275 g cornflakes
- 4 salted egg yolks - or 100g salted egg yolk powder
- 120 g butter
- 15 g curry leaves
- 1 tsp sugar
- Steam salted egg yolks for 10 minutes. Then mash it with a fork when it is hot.
- Heat up pan at medium heat, melt butter and add mashed egg yolk and fry to bubbly.
- Drop in curry leaves and sugar, continue to stir fry mixture to aromatic.
- Lower heat and pour in cornflakes. Gently toss the cornflakes until well coated.
- Spread cornflakes mixture into a large baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170 degrees C for about 10 minutes (the cornflakes will be more crispy after baking).
- Cool cornflakes completely before storing into an airtight container.
咸蛋黄脆玉米片 Salted Egg Crispy Cornflakes
- 275克 玉米片
- 4粒 咸蛋黄或100克 咸蛋黄粉
- 120克 牛油
- 15克 咖喱叶
- 1茶匙 砂糖
- 放入预热烤箱摄氏170度烤约10分钟 （这样玉米片会更加的酥脆）。