This gluten-free Baked Milk Pudding is yummy, not too sweet but soft and smooth. Your kids at home will definitely enjoy this dessert when served. It is not only healthy but is easy to make with only a few simple ingredients.
The process of boiling the milk mixture can be done within 10 minutes. Just combine the egg yolks, sugar, vanilla and fresh milk together into a small pot. Stir well and strain the mixture, pour in the cornstarch and stir the mixture well again. Heat the milk mixture at medium low and drop in the cheese slice and stir until melted. Then turn to low heat, continuously stir batter (to avoid burnt at the bottom) for about 2 minutes to thicken and look like thick cooked custard. Pour batter into a 5 inch mould (greased with some oil). Lastly, flatten it with a spatula (refer recipe) and leave to cool completely before placing it to chill in the refrigerator overnight to set. On the next day, remove the pudding from the mould and egg wash the top. Then place it in the toaster oven at 200 degrees C under the grill for about 12-15 minutes or until the pudding top starts to turn golden brown. You may serve the Baked Milk Pudding warm or chilled it for a few hours before consuming. Enjoy!
I’m happy and honoured my blog Anncoo Journal being featured in Feedspot Top 70 Singapore Food Blogs. Thank you!
If you’re new to my blog and would like to receive new post update and never miss a recipe, please subscribe with your email address at follow.it (the subscribe box is at the sidebar or click at the following >> Anncoo Journal below the recipe). ~~ Thank you!
This article may feature affiliate links, and purchases made may earn us a commission at no extra cost to you
Baked Milk Pudding
- 2 egg yolks - about 43g
- 50 g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract - optional
- 500 g fresh milk
- 50 g cornstarch
- 1 cheddar cheese slice - optional
- 1 beaten egg yolk - for glazing
- In a pot add egg yolks, sugar and vanilla extract, stir well. Then fresh milk and stir mixture well again and strain.
- Return milk mixture to the pot, add cornstarch and stir well to smooth.
- Heat the milk mixture at medium low and drop in the cheese slice and stir until melted. Then turn to low heat, continuously stir batter for about 2 minutes (to avoid burnt at the bottom) to thicken and look like thick cooked custard and off heat.
- Pour hot custard mixture into a 5 inch mould (grease oil ), then cover with cling wrap and flatten with a spatula. Remove cling wrap. **or use a small baking dish or individual small mould to make this dessert.
- Leave mould to cool completely and cover with cling wrap, place it inside the refrigerator to chill overnight to make sure it fully solidifies.
- Gently remove pudding from mould and brush with beaten egg yolk on top. Then place it inside the toaster oven under grill at 200 degrees C for about 12-15 minutes or the top starting to turn golden brown. You may slice the pudding into pieces, apply egg wash and bake if you wish.
- Serve pudding warm or chill it in the refrigerator until it is ready to serve. Enjoy! (Personally, I prefer to serve it chilled)
- 烤牛奶布丁 Baked Milk Pudding
- 2粒 蛋黄
- 50克 细砂糖
- 1/2茶匙 香草香精 （可不放）
- 500克 牛奶
- 50克 玉米淀粉
- 1片 车打芝士 （可不放）
- 1粒 蛋黄，打撒刷面