Just lately, I’ve been stocking up my fridge with lots of fresh fruits and I had these huge (Asian) Nam Shui pears which I love for they are sweet, juicy and crunchy. I also like to make them into dessert soup once in a while for the whole family to enjoy. So this time around, I steamed the pears with rock sugar and added some goji berries and red dates. It takes only 40 minutes, to steam this nourishing pear dessert. This dessert is good to quench your thirst, treat dry cough (good for lungs too) and sore throat especially in our humid weather. I steamed the pears for 60 minutes as I like the texture to be very soft, almost melt in the mouth type. The pear is very fragrant with the aroma of rock sugar and date after steaming. You can serve it warm or chilled whichever way you prefer.
Steamed Pear with Rock Sugar
- 1 China brown pear or Nam Shui pear
- 1 tsp goji berries rinse with water
- 4 pcs rock sugar add more for sweeter taste
- 1 red date
- Clean and peel pear. Cut the top of the pear off and reserve.
- Use a spoon to scoop the core from the pear and place it in a ceramic bowl.
- Add goji berries, rock sugar and red date inside pear, and fill up water. Put the top back.
- Place pear inside the steamer under boiling water and steam for about 40 minutes until soft. **I like the pear to be very soft, so I steamed it for 60 minutes** Test the pear with a skewer.
- Allow the pear to rest in the steamer. Serve it warm or chilled in the refrigerator before consuming.
冰糖蒸雪梨 Steamed Pear with Rock Sugar
- 1粒 雪梨
- 1茶匙 枸纪子 （冲洗一下）
- 1粒 红枣
- 4粒 冰糖 （喜欢更甜的话，可多加冰糖）