Snow fungus and pear sweet soup is a common dessert in most Chinese families. This dessert is good for treating dry cough as snow fungus helps to nourish the body, lungs, and stomach, and because red dates contain loads of vitamins. It is a very quick and easy to prepare this nourishing dessert by simply simmering the ingredients for 30 minutes. It is very refreshing to serve this sweet soup chilled and it quenches thirst, especially in our humid weather.
Snow Fungus and Pear Sweet Soup
- 2 nasi pears - I removed the skin (is optional)
- 30 g white fungus
- 10-12 red dates - seeded and cut into half
- 1200 ml water
- 80-100 g rock honey sugar or rock sugar
- Soak the snow fungus in water till it becomes soft, about 20 minutes. Snip off and discard the yellow hard part on the under side of the snow fungus. Cut up the snow fungus into small pieces.
- Rinse pears, cored and cut into wedges.
- Place snow fungus, pears and red dates into a pot of water and bring to boil. Then simmer at lower heat for 30 minutes. Add rock sugar to taste and stir through until sugar dissolved.
- 2粒 雪梨 （可去皮或保留）
- 30克 银耳
- 10-12粒 红枣，对半切开
- 1200毫升 水
- 80-100克 石蜂蜜糖或冰糖