My family likes udon soup a lot as it can be served in different ways, making it versatile. I like to make this tomato udon soup whenever I don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen. It’s very easy to prepare the soup base in a short space of time, and add whatever meat or vegetables you can have in your fridge or pantry. The soup is flavourful with miso paste and tomatoes, and is definitely healthier if you add more greens to it.
- 2 bags udon
- 1 litre water
- 3 tbsp miso paste
- 2-4 tomatoes, cut to 6 wedges (I used 4)
- 2 tsp bonita granules
- few pieces shiitake mushrooms
- 6 large shrimps (prawns), clean and deveined
- 10 slices pork belly (about 100g)
- a small bunch of xiao bai chai, rinise well and drain
- Boil water together with bonito granules. Add miso paste, stir till dissolved and add in tomatoes. Simmer for about 15 minutes in low heat. **Add in shrimps and boil the soup for about 2 minutes just before serving.
- In another pot of boiling water, blanch udon for 2 - 3 minutes, drain well and divide into 2 - 3 serving bowls. Blanch xiao bai chai for 1 minute, drain well and divide/distribute into the serving bowls Lastly blanch the pork belly for about 2 minutes or till cooked and also divide/distribute into the serving bowls. Lastly pour the hot soup into the bowls of udon together with the mushrooms and shrimps. Serve immediately.
- 2包 乌冬面
- 1000毫升 水
- 3汤匙 味噌
- 2-4粒 番茄 ，切6片（我用了4粒）
- 2茶匙 柴鱼粉
- 6只 大虾，洗净去肠
- 10片 三层肉，约100克
- 1 一把 小白菜，洗净沥干
- 可以随意加入您自己喜欢的食材或多加一点蔬菜，就能享受一碗美味健康美味乌冬面 ~
I would like to thank Marshall Cavendish International (Asia) Ltd for featuring one of my recipes in the new ‘Bake & Celeberate : Cookies & Treats’ cookbook. The book will be sold at S$14.90 once launched at the bookstores in Singapore in December which comes in handy as a gift to your family and friends for the coming festive seasons. But there will be a special pre-order sale for this book at a special price of S$11.95, which is a 20% discount from the actual retail price. There will be a delivery charge of S$10 for orders of 4 copies and below. Free delivery will be provided for 5 copies and above. The pre-order starts from now till 9 December 2016. Kindly direct all orders to email@example.com