Today’s post is a a healthy dish – TOFU. Tofu can be prepared in many ways, including soups, meats, salads and desserts including Cheese Tofu, Tofu Tiramisu, Tofu Chiffon cake and many more. To some Tofu may be bland and tasteless but in my opinion with some simple ingredients Tofu can be the most wonderful dish in the world.
Here is the recipe
- Heat olive oil over a gentle flame and add flour, whisking briefly to form a roux (paste).
- Add soya milk (or use low fat milk) to the paste, whisking all the while until a sauce forms and thickens.
- Add miso paste (1 tbsp or add to taste) and continue whisking, then season with sugar and sake wine.
- Heat oven to 180C.
- Cut each drained and chilled tofu cake into four pieces.
- Place a tofu square in a ramekin or individual bowl and season with two spoonfuls, or more, of the sauce. Repeat with the rest of the tofu squares or serve it family-style in a shallow baking dish.
- Place tofu squares in the oven. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until browned.
- Garnish with shredded nori seaweed and bonito flakes and serve immediately.