When you’re tired of making tuna sandwiches or puff, why not try to make a healthy and delicious Tuna Pot Pie as a snack or for morning breakfast. It’s easy to make this snack with canned tuna, shredded onion, button mushrooms, cheese slices, thick gravy and top with a piece of puff pastry. This Tuna Pot Pie can be made days ahead and freeze really well. Just follow the recipe below until step (7), wrap the pot pie with an aluminium foil and place it in the freezer. Then bake it straight from the freezer without thawing it as and when required. Enjoy!
If you’re new to my blog and would like to receive new post update and never miss a recipe, please subscribe with your email address at follow.it (the subscribe box is at the sidebar or click at the following >> Anncoo Journal below the recipe). ~~ Thank you!
Tuna Pot Pie
- 2 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- 80 g onion (1 small onion) - shredded
- 80 g button mushrooms - sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1.5 tbsp plain flour
- 100 ml chicken broth - Swanon brand
- 100 ml water
- 1 canned tuna (chunk) - drain oil
- 2 cheese slices - optional
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry - thaw in the chiller before use
- 1 beaten egg - for egg wash
- Add oil into pan at medium heat and saute onion for a while at medium heat. Add button mushrooms and bay leaf, fry to aromatic. Dust plain flour over mixture and mix well.
- Mix broth and water, stir well and pour into onion mixture, bring to light boil till thickened.
- Break up chunk tuna with a fork or by hand and pour over mushroom mixture (step 2) and stir well mixture at low heat.
- Lastly add 2 cheese sliced and stir till melted and off heat. Discard bay leaf, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide filling with some cut spring onion into 4 foil cups or ramekins. Brush the rims with beaten egg.
- 1 sheet thawed puff pastry cut to require size with a round cutter (I used 3 inches cutter) and prick holes with a fork. Dust with some flour if the pastry is too sticky to handle.
- Place pastry circle on top of filling. Use a fork to press down their edges along the rim to seal. Brush pastry with beaten egg.
- Bake at preheated oven at 200 degrees C for 20 minutes until crust is golden.
- 2汤匙 橄榄油或菜油
- 80克 洋葱或一粒小洋葱，切丝
- 80克 蘑菇，切片
- 1片 月桂叶
- 1.5汤匙 中筋面粉
- 100毫升 鸡汤
- 100毫升 水
- 1罐 吞拿鱼 （状块），沥干油分
- 2片 芝士片 （可不放）
- 1片 冷冻酥皮，在冰箱冷藏室下层解冻
- 1个 鸡蛋， 打撒 刷面