This Apricot Cake is another simple looking dessert and it’s not complicated to make. So perfect for tea time break! It’s quite similar to the Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake that I’d shared with you a few weeks ago. This recipe uses less butter but with more flour and dairy whipping cream. The cake is a little dense but pairs well with the sourish apricots (from canned apricot halves). Instead of apricots, you could also use canned peaches. Store the leftover cake in the refrigerator to avoid the hot humid weather. Simply bring it back to room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
If you’re new to my blog and would like to receive new post update and never miss a recipe, please subscribe with your email address at follow.it (the subscribe box is at the sidebar or click at the following >> Anncoo Journal below the recipe). ~~ Thank you!
- 140 g butter - soft to touch
- 90 g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs - lightly beaten
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 160 ml dairy whipping cream or sour cream
- 240 g cake flour or plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 130 g apricot - pat dry with kitchen towel before chopping
- Beat butter and sugar together with lemon zest and vanilla till light and fluffy. Add beaten egg in batches at low speed till well combined, make sure each batch is completely mixed in before adding next.
- Pour in whipping cream in 2-3 batches and mix well.
- Sieve flour and baking powder into egg mixture and fold well with a rubber spatula. Add chopped apricots and fold well again.
- Pour batter into lined cake pan into baking pan (9x4x3 inches) lined with baking paper. Drop pan on table top to release air bubbles. Smooth batter evenly and place apricot halves on top (pat dry apricots with kitchen towel).
- Bake in preheated oven at 170 degrees for about 50 minutes or skewer inserted comes out dry.
- Remove cake from oven and leave to cool in cake pan for 30 minutes. Then unmould cake and place it on wire rack to cool down completely.
- Dust some icing sugar or snow powder over the cake before slicing and serve.
- Store the leftover cake in the refrigerator to avoid the hot humid weather. Simply bring it back to room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- Please keep in mind that all oven temperatures and baking time varies.
- 杏铺蛋糕 Apricot Cake
- 140克 牛油，微软
- 90克 细砂糖
- 2个 大鸡蛋，打撒
- 1粒 柠檬皮屑
- 1茶匙 香草香精
- 160克 动物性谈奶油或酸奶
- 240克 底筋面粉或中筋面粉
- 1/2茶匙 泡打粉
- 120克 杏铺（罐头装），用厨房纸吸干水分，切成小块
- 将蛋糊倒入摸具（9x4x3 寸，铺上油纸）里抹平，震几下摸具排出气泡。然后放上杏铺 (预先用厨房纸吸干水分）。