This Souffle Pancake is fluffy, soft and moist like eating a cloud even though it has cooled down after spending about 10 minutes of photo shooting. This Souffle pancake’s recipe is different from the Japanese souffle pancake (here) that I had made before as it is not cooked in frying pan. It should be immediately served on the table after baking because the soufflé will quickly inflates.
I consider this a not so perfect pancake in a way that I’d used two large eggs and over risen when baking. It should have a nice dome top for using medium eggs. Anyway, it is quite easy to make this Souffle pancake without much hassle within 15 minutes and baking time is relatively short. I baked the pancake in a 6 inch baking dish bowl. If you prefer to bake this souffle in ramekin, then grease the cup with butter and coat generously with caster sugar. You don’t have to slit the top if you’re using ramekin. Best to top with a dollop of ice cream or honey and enjoy!.
If you’re new to my blog and would like to receive new post update and never miss a recipe, please subscribe with your email address at follow.it (the subscribe box is at the sidebar or click at the following >> Anncoo Journal below the recipe). ~~ Thank you!
- 70 ml fresh milk
- 15 g butter
- 2 egg yolks - medium size eggs, about 62-65g egg with shell
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 20 g cake flour or plain flour
- 1 tsp corn flour (starch)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 30 g caster sugar
- Pour milk into a pot, add butter and bring to about to boil at low heat till butter melted. Off heat.
- Drop in egg yolks, quickly stir well and add vanilla extract, stir well again.
- Sieve in cake flour and cornstarch, stir well with a hand whisk to smooth. Then pass batter through a sieve.
- Whisk egg whites with lemon juice to foamy and add sugar in 3 batches, continue to whisk to stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold 1/3 of the meringue into the egg yolk batter. Then return it to the remaining meringue and gently fold well mixture.
- Pour batter into a 5 inch baking dish bowl (no need to grease bowl) and bake in preheated oven at 170 degrees C for 10 minutes. Take out pan from oven and quickly use a sharp knife to slit cross on cake. Return pan to the oven and continue to bake for another 10-12 minutes.
- Dust some icing sugar or snow powder over soufflé and serve immediately. Best to top with a dollop of ice cream or honey. Enjoy!
- If you prefer to bake this souffle in ramekin, then grease the cup with butter and coat generously with caster sugar. You don't have to slit the top if you're using ramekin.
- Please keep in mind that all oven temperatures and baking time varies.
- 舒芙蕾松饼 Souffle Pancake
- 70毫升 牛奶
- 15克 牛油
- 2个 蛋黄 （用65克鸡蛋带壳）
- 1茶匙 香草香精
- 20克 底筋或中筋面粉
- 1茶匙 玉米淀粉
- 2个 蛋白
- 1茶匙 柠檬汁
- 30克 细砂糖
- 我花了十分钟拍照，所以我的舒芙蕾看起来不是很完美 🙄