This Pistachio Cheesecake is rich and creamy with a crust base, a mix of biscuit crumbs and ground pistachio nuts. It has a nutty fragrance and smooth velvety cheese filling with the additional of ground almond (almond powder) and pistachio spread. The pistachio spread is not on the sweet side, so the taste will be perfect to add more of it on top of the cheesecake. Definitely a perfect treat for an afternoon tea or packed as a giveaway gift for your loved ones to enjoy. I tried to use up the remaining pistachio spread from my pistachio chiffon cake recipe here, so I can finish up the whole bottle of pistachio spread for two recipes.
Pistachio Cheesecake ~ a perfect treat for an afternoon tea or packed as a giveaway gift for your loved ones to enjoy
If you’re new to my blog and would like to receive new post update and never miss a recipe, please subscribe with your email address at follow.it (the subscribe box is at the sidebar or click at the following >> Anncoo Journal below the recipe). ~~ Thank you!
- 100 g digestive biscuits
- 30 g pistachio nuts
- 65 g melted butter
- 227 g cheese cream - at room temperature
- 40 g caster sugar
- 70 ml dairy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 80 g pistachio spread
- 3 egg yolks - used large egg
- 20 g corn starch
- 30 g ground almond
- 3 egg whites
- 40 g caster sugar
- Biscuit base - Blend pistachio nuts coarsely and set aside. Then blend biscuits until they are like crumbs. Combine grinded pistachio and biscuit crumbs in a bowl, add melted butter and mix well. Pressing the biscuit crumbs with your hand at the bottom of the lined greased cake pan (use a removable 7 inch round cake pan). Put the tin in the fridge for later use. **pistachio nuts are harder than biscuits, so have to grind them separately** **add a little more butter if you find the mixture is too dry**
- Cheese filling - Beat cheese cream, sugar and vanilla together and slowly add in whipping cream, beat till creamy at medium speed. Then add pistachio spread and mix well.
- Scrape bowl and add egg yolks one at a time until all combined . Then add cornstarch and ground almond, stir well and transfer to a large bowl, set aside.
- In another clean bowl, whisk egg whites till foamy. Add sugar in batches and whisk to peak form. Use a rubber spatula to fold egg whites to cheese mixture in 2 batches. Pour cheese mixture into prepared cake tin. (Wrap the cake pan with aluminium foil to prevent cheesecake batter seeped through the pan when baking).
- Steam bake at preheated oven 160C for about 50 minutes till the center is almost set.
- Run knife around rim of pan immediately after baking, so that the cake will not get a waist line. Leave cake to cool completely before removing from the cake pan.
- Chill cheesecake in the fridge for a few hours before serving. Dust with icing sugar or snow powder or with pistachio spread and some chopped pistachio nuts on top. Slice cake with a hot knife.
- Please keep in mind that all oven temperatures and baking time varies
- 100克 消化饼干
- 30克 开心果
- 80克 融化牛油
- 227克 奶油芝士 （温室中待软化）
- 40克 细砂糖
- 70克 动物性奶油
- 1/2茶匙 香草香精
- 80克 开心果酱
- 3个 蛋黄
- 20克 玉米淀粉
- 30克 杏仁粉
- 3个 蛋白
- 40克 细砂糖
- 饼底 – 用打碎机把开心果磨成粗粒，取出备用。饼干也磨碎，然后将饼干碎与开心果碎混合均匀在碗中，倒入融化奶油抓匀，压入烤盘底部（7寸活动烤盘，底部铺纸傍边抹油），压平压紧。铺好饼干后，把蛋糕模放进冰箱备用。**开心果仁比较硬所以要和饼干分开磨碎** *假如觉得饼干碎太干的话，就多加一定牛油**
- 芝士馅料 – 用电动打蛋器以底速度搅打奶油芝士，细糖和香精，慢慢倒入动鲜奶油，用中速度继续搅打至顺滑，然后加入开心果酱，再拌均即可。
- 再另一个干净大碗，把蛋白打至起泡，细糖分次加入， 打致硬性发泡。蛋白霜分2次拌入奶油芝士糊里，用刮刀翻拌均匀。然后倒入准备好的烤盘内。(用锡纸包住蛋糕烤盘以免烘烤时芝士糊外流)