Bacon Cheddar Scones (Bouchon Bakery) 培根车打芝士司康饼
- 150g plain flour
- 5g baking powder
- 1.5tbsp sugar
- 65g cold salted butter, cut into cubes
- 2tbsp dairy whipping cream (or fresh milk)
- 45g creame fraiche (I used sour cream)
- 200g back bacon, cooked and removed fats, cut small (90g cooked weight)
- 2tbsp chives (I used spring onion), cut finely
- 65g cheddar cheese, grated
- extra cheddar cheese for sprinkling on top
- ground black pepper
- Sift flour and baking powder in a mixing bowl and add in bowl and add in the sugar，blend well. Turn on low speed low speed to combine, put in the butter and mix again to combine till crumbly.
- With the mixer still running pour in the dairy cream, sour cream and mix till all moistened and dough comes together. Do not overmix the dough. Scrape the sides of the bowl if necessary. Put in the bacon and 65g of grated cheese and spring onion and mix till they are just well combined.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and transfer it to between 2 sheet of plastic wrap and pat it into a rectangle block, about 7 x 6". You can use your hands to press the sides to straighten them.
- Cut the block into 8 pieces. Arrange them in a lined pan, spaced well apart.
- Brush the top with some dairy cream and sprinkle the cheese and black pepper. Bake in a preheated oven at 160 deg C for 35 minutes till the top and bottom are golden brown.
- Allow the scones to cool on wire rack. Best to serve warm.
- 150克 普通面粉
- 5克 发粉
- 1.5汤匙 细糖
- 65克 冷藏过牛油，切成小粒
- 2汤匙 动物性奶油 (也可以用牛奶）
- 45克 酸奶
- 200克 培根，煎熟，切小
- 2汤匙 韭菜 （我用了葱花代替），切细
- 65克 车打芝士，刨成细丝
- 取出软面团，隔在两张胶袋间，用手掌按扁成一个约7 x 6寸大饼。用刀切成等分的8块，然后把饼放在烤盘上 ，底部铺上不沾油纸；中间要留出空隙。
Bacon + Cheese…. oh it's yummy~licious even by its name. Your scone looks tempting, feel like having for my supper now! nom nom… 😀
ah, good to know that they are still good without freezing them. Me like you are sure going to bake them again, thx for trying out these scones, ann!
Ann, I have yet to bake savoury scones, will try it next time. Thanks for sharing.
Ann, your bacon cheddar scones gets double thumbs up! Definitely can't wait for it to be frozen and must bake straightaway hee..hee…
These savoury scones look so beautifully done and divine, Ann.
I don't mind having these for my lunch…. looks good!
I can't wait too… Must bake and eat them straightaway. Happy to know that you like these scones too 😀
So glad that you have tried out these scones! This is one scone recipe that scone lovers should try!
I would be making this again too! So yummy! 🙂
looks really good!! time for high tea luuuuu
Wow! This would be a wonderful breakfast!
谢谢 Ann ，我在留意司康的食谱呢，我把它收好了，谢谢。