These Banana and Chocolate Chip Muffins are fragrant, fluffy and soft. They’re perfect for kids and even adults to enjoy for an afternoon tea. No electric mixer is required for mixing but by using a hand whisk or a rubber spatula instead. I adapted the recipe from Donna Hay with slight adjustments. It is a fail proof recipe using dairy whipping cream (or buttermilk) instead of butter. Simply mix the ingredients together with ripe mashed banana and chocolate chips in a relatively short time, then bring the muffins to bake for about 25-30 minutes.
These delicious muffins also can be stored in an airtight container overnight at room temperature for your morning breakfast too.
Banana and Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 150 g cake flour/plain flour
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 80 g brown sugar - or caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 35 ml corn oil
- 125 ml dairy whipping cream - or buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 g mashed banana - very ripe
- 55 g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 175 deg C. Sieve flour, baking powder and baking soda into large bowl. Add brown sugar and mix well.
- Add egg, oil, whipping cream and vanilla extract, mix till combined.
- Pour in mashed banana and chocolate chips. Fold gently well with a rubber spatula.
- Pour batter mixture into paper cups to 80 percent full and bake for about 25-30 minutes or skewer inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Do not overmix the batter, the gluten in the flour can form elastic gluten strands – resulting in a more dense, chewy texture.
- These delicious muffins also can be stored in an airtight container overnight at room temperature for your morning breakfast too.
- 150克 底筋面粉或中筋面粉
- 80克 黄糖或细砂糖
- 1/2汤匙 泡打粉
- 1/4茶匙 苏打粉
- 1个 大鸡蛋
- 35毫升 玉米油
- 125毫升 动物性奶油或白脱牛奶
- 1茶匙 香草香精
- 100克 香蕉泥 （熟透香蕉）
- 55克 巧克力豆
- 食谱来至于Donna Hay，材料有稍微更改。