Banana Blueberry Muffins 香蕉蓝莓玛芬
These yummy Banana Blueberry Muffins are great to serve for anytime of the day! They are very easy to make with just a few quick stirring without an electric mixer. This recipe is considered healthier as only 1 egg is required and using oil instead of butter. You’ll be surprised that this recipe can yield up to 8 muffins. These not so sweet muffins are soft with overly ripe banana fragrance and moist fresh blueberries. They’re great to serve warm or at room temperature, even if they had been kept in the chiller for a few days. This recipe is quite similar to the one (Banana and Chocolate Chip Muffins) that I had shared with you before but that had dairy whipping cream as one of the ingredients.
This article may feature affiliate links, and purchases made may earn us a commission at no extra cost to you
Banana Blueberry Muffins
- 150 g self-raising flour - or plain flour with 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder - optional
- 80 g brown sugar
- 1 egg - 65g
- 95 ml milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 40 ml corn oil
- 100 g over ripe mashed banana
- 100 g fresh blueberries - or frozen
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Prepare 8 cupcake cases and set aside.
- Sieve self-raising flour, baking soda and cinnamon powder into a bowl, add brown sugar and combine well.
- In another bowl, gently whisk egg, milk, oil and mashed banana together. Then pour wet mixture into the flour mixture with blueberries. Gently mix to combine well with a rubber spatula (do not overmix).
- Fill the paper cases with the blueberry batter to 3/4 full. Bake for about 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Muffins can be served warm or at room temperature. Dust with some icing sugar before serving (this is optional).
- Do not overmix the batter, the gluten in the flour can form elastic gluten strands – resulting in a more dense, chewy texture.
- Please keep in mind that all oven temperatures and baking time varies.
- 150克 自发面粉或中筋面粉+2茶匙泡打粉
- 1/2茶匙 苏打粉
- 1/2茶匙 玉桂粉（可不放）
- 80克 黄糖
- 1个 鸡蛋 （65克）
- 95毫升 牛奶
- 1/2茶匙 香草香精
- 40毫升 玉米油
- 100克 香蕉泥 （熟透）
- 100克 鲜蓝莓或冷冻
Yummy for breakfast!
Hi Ann! I would like try out this recipe this weekend. My egg is a big one so do I measure and use only 65gm? Also, if I use buttermilk does it make the muffin much moist? Thanks!
Hi Ai Li, No problem to use larger egg (I actually weighed the egg with shell). This recipe is quite similar to the Banana & Chocolate chip muffin recipe (also quite moist and tender). You can follow that recipe using whipping cream and change chocolate chips to blueberries. https://www.anncoojournal.com/banana-and-chocolate-chip-muffins/
Very tender and yummy!