I was amazed how this Quick Fix Kaya was made within 15 minutes when I saw No-Frills Recipes (and Bake with Paws) sharing her recipe on her blog two weeks ago. It spurred me on to try it out myself. I remember how I would go for the thick sweet kaya custard on crispy toast for morning breakfast when I was a little girl. Kaya (coconut jam) was traditionally made with coconut, whole eggs and sugar and took long hours to stir and cook the jam. Well I will definitely not try the traditional method as it is time consuming and tedious stirring to cook the kaya. My arm and legs will be dead tired especially under this hot and humid weather. So making this kaya was a breeze, using whole egg yolks with no trace of egg whites, coconut cream, gula melaka (palm sugar) and pandan leaves. I really love the end result, the taste of the kaya is not much different from the traditional one, creamy, smooth, fragrant and most importantly is a Quick Fix and fail proof recipe.
This article may feature affiliate links, and purchases made may earn us a commission at no extra cost to you
Quick Fix Kaya
- 4 egg yolks - used large eggs
- 60 g brown sugar
- 20 g gula melaka (palm sugar) - chopped fine
- 200 g coconut cream - Kara brand
- 4 pandan leaves - cut to short length
- Separate egg yolks from the whites (remove as much egg whites as possible, as traces of egg whites will make the kaya lumpy).
- Add coconut cream, sugar, gula melaka and pandan leaves in a pot. Cook on low heat until sugar melted and it is about to boil. Turn off heat and let it cool down a little.
- Gently whisk the egg yolks and add 1/4 portion of warm coconut mixer to the egg yolks and stir well. Then pour back egg yolks mixture to the remaining coconut mixer.
- Continue stirring the mixture on low heat for about 10-15 minutes till smooth consistency. Check by drawing a line in the center and it should remain parted.
- Turn off heat and discard the pandan leaves. Cool kaya completely before scooping it into a sterilized jar. Keep refrigerated for a longer shelf life.
快速咖椰制作 Quick Fix Kaya
- 4个 蛋黄 （用大鸡蛋）
- 60克 黄糖
- 20克 椰糖，剁碎
- 200克 椰浆 （Kara牌子）
- 4片 香兰叶，剪断
- 分开蛋黄和蛋白 （尽量把蛋白去净，太多蛋白会使咖椰煮的时候容易起粒）。