Black Forest Cheesecake (non-bake)
To Mom with Love
150g Chocolate biscuits (grinded)
150g Melted butter
- Grease and line a 9″ cake tin.
- Mix chocolate biscuits and melted butter together. Use hand to mix and form it to a dough.
- Press biscuits mixture at the base of the cake tin.
- Put it in the fridge for later use.
Cream Cheese Ingredients:
100g Icing sugar
7pcs Gelatine leaf
2 1/2 tbsp Lemon juice & lemon zest from 1 lemon
400g Whipped cream
Pitted dark sweet cherry
- Soak gelatine leaf into cold water, squeeze excess water and transfer to a double boiler till gelatine leaf melted.
- Whip 400g fresh cream till peak form and put it in fridge for later use.
- Beat cream cheese, icing sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest together till thick and slowly pour in melted gelatine and mix well.
- Use a hand whisk to fold in the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour half the cream cheese mixture to the biscuit tin and place pitted dark sweet cherry on it.
- Add in the balance cream cheese mixture, use a scraper to even the cream cheese surface.
i come by a few no-bake cheesecake, they do not use whipp cream at all.Base on your expertise, without whipcream, any issue on this?
Making no-bake cheesecake is the easiest and it is up to you to decide what ingredients you want to it. If you want a firm and very cheesy cake, you can omit the cream. Personally I prefer with cream added.
Yamy Gan ~ yes I'm using the chocolate marie biscuits
may i know what type of chocolate biscuits u use for the base? marie biscuits?
thanks anncoo!i was doing a no bake peppermint cheesecake,i couldnt get the green color that i want,therefore i kept stirring in the colouring..i know what to do in the future,wil add colouring before whipped cream!thanks for the advice
I think you have to add coloring before the whipped cream and 10 mins was really long…wonder what cake you're doing 😉
Please check my non-bake chocolate cheesecake and green tea cheesecake you will know what I mean.
i use 500ml whipped cream,15gm gelatine..the whipped cream i would think is well whipped,i stir the cream cheese mixture for ab 10mins,to get the coloring right,before pouring into the base…perhaps i took too long,thats the whipped cream melted?haha
Yammy, you cannot overmix the cream cheese and whipped cream otherwise the whipped cream will lose its volume. You said your cheesecake became soft maybe you did not add enough gelatine or not properly cooked.
thanks! can i ask you, if the stirring of the cheese mixture takes too long, will the cheesecake become sift after chilling? because once i did a no bake cake, i took a long time to stir in the coloring and essence, in the end the cake become soft
Using icing sugar is because its easy to dissolved while beating. Try use caster sugar if you want to use sugar.
Of course you can use anything like peaches, blueberries or strawberries.
hi,can i use sugar instead of icing sugar? What can i subsitute with if i dont like dark cherry :p?thanks!
OK! wait till next life..haha…
Wow…….. pretty cake ! Can I be your mummy next life ? hahahaha
From what I know, 15g of gelatine powder is to be used for about 300g of fresh cream. 3 tsp of gelatine powder is roughly equivalent to 4 pcs gelatine leaves. (1 tsp = 5g)
I had tried to use 4 pcs gelatine leaves before but find that the cream mixture is too soft like mousse cake.
I just want to know how many gm is 7pcs leaf of geatine?Cause I only have the powder type.
Thank you for your compliment. I bought the tag from sunlik.
Woh, this is such a pretty cake. I think u are very good in cake decro. I like the 'Hapy Mother's Day' tag, may I know where did you buy from?