These citrusy and refreshing cupcakes made with chia seeds, lemon and orange are yummy especially when served warm. You can feel the soft texture of the cake and bits of crunchy chia seeds with each bite. They are definitely a wonderful treat to serve for any occasions.
- 100g butter
- 75g caster sugar
- zest from 1 lemon
- zest from 1 orange
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten (about 65g per egg)
- 90g self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds (I used black chia seeds)
- 60ml orange juice
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C. Line muffin pan with 6 paper cups.
- Place the butter in a bowl and beat until soft and creamy. Add sugar and zest and beat until light and fluffy. Gradually add beaten egg and beat well till combined.
- Sift the self-raising flour into the egg mixture, followed by black chia seeds and juices. Fold the mixtures well with a rubber spatula.
- Spoon batter into the muffin pan to ¾ full and bake for about 25-30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the center.
recipe adapted from fast dessert with slight adjustments
- 100克 牛油
- 75克 细糖
- 1粒 柠檬皮屑
- 1粒 橙皮屑
- 2个 鸡蛋，打撒 （鸡蛋约65克一个）
- 90克 自发面粉
- 2汤匙 罌粟籽 （我用黑籽子）
- 60毫升 鲜橙汁
- 1/2汤匙 柠檬汁