Curry Fish Head
1-1.2 kg Fish Head (whole)
5-6 slices Ginger
1 pkt Red Curry Paste (Dancing Chef)
2 pcs Lady finger – cut slant
1 pc Eggplant- cut slant
2 Tomatoes – cut wedges
2 sprig Curry leaves
1 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Chilli paste (optional)
150ml Coconut milk (Heng Guan brand)
- Clean and wash the fish head then use kitchen towel to pat dry.
- Season with some salt and pepper.
- Grease plate with little corn oil and put fish head on it with slice ginger.
- Steam at high fire for 5 minutes.
- Heat some cooking oil in wok.
- Add Red Curry Paste and curry leaves, fry for a few minutes.
- Add water and bring to boil.
- Add in fish head and vegetable, cover and simmer at medium fire for about 7 minutes.
- Lastly add in coconut milk, 1 tsp salt and bring to boil again.
- Remove from heat.
[…] Curry leaves are highly aromatic. Usually cooked in curries – fish and meat with coconut milk. Recipe curry fish head […]
I love to cook this dish whenever I can get my hands on real fresh and nice fish head , I normally use red snapper , yours looks spicy and shiok !
Thanks for your quick reply.
You can get the paste from supermarket and it is not oily. if prefer more spicy, add some chilli paste (the paste we used to make curry).
You can also try the green chilli paste with chicken, also taste good.