300g Minced meat with fats (五花肉)
100g Prawn meat – mash the prawn meat with a knife or use blender to blend
120g Chives (韭菜) – cut to small pieces
1 tsp Chicken seasoning powder with no msg added
1/2 tsp Pepper
11/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Sesame oil
1/2 tbsp Minced ginger (about 15g)
2 tsp cornflour
1/2 tbsp Corn oil
3 tbsp Chicken broth or water
- In a large bowl, mix minced meat, prawn and seasoning together.
- With a pair of chopsticks, stir in one direction until the meat becomes sticky.
- Add in 3 tbsp of chicken broth/water, continue to stir and lastly add in the chives, mix well.
- Keep in refrigerator for at least one hour or more before wrapping with the dumpling skin.
- In a flat frying pan, add oil and place guo tie neatly in rows and fry for about 3 mins or the base of dumpling turns golden brown. (fry in two batches)
- Then pour in about 150ml water cover with the lid and lower fire and wait till liquid becomes dry.
- Serve with dipping sauce -shredded young ginger and dark vinegar.