120g Cake flour/All purpose flour
1/2 tbsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Salt
5 Egg yolks
30g Caster Sugar
40ml Vegetable oil
135g Mango Yogurt
3 tbsp Fresh Mango puree
5 Egg whites
40g Caster Sugar
1/2 tsp Cream of tartar
100g Fresh mango (cut to small pieces)
- Sift together cake flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl use hand hand whisk to mix the egg yolks and sugar, till sugar dissolved. Then add vegetable oil, yogurt mango puree, mix well and lastly add fresh mango into it.
- Stir in the flour mixture to the egg yolk mixture and mix together till well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites with the cream of tartar till foamy. Gradually add in the sugar as you continue to beat the whites until it is glossy and reaches firm peaks.
- Then lower speed and slowly pour the egg mixture into the egg whites to just combined. Stop machine and use a spatula roughly mix the batter and pour into tube pan.
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Pour the batter into a 21/22cm tube pan and bake in the oven for about 30 mins then lower temperature to 160C for another 15mins. Then switch the temperature to lower grill and bake for another 5 mins (total 50 mins).
- Gently remove the pan from oven and invert to cool on rack completely before unmoulding it.