First post for 2010 ~~ Something light and healthy after the festive holidays.
200g Minced pork meat
1/2 tbsp Egg white – use fork to whisk lightly
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Light soy sauce
1/2 tsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Sesame oil
1/2 tbsp Coriander leaves – finely cut
1/2 tbsp Ginger – finely grated
1/2 tbsp Corn flour
- Combine the minced pork and the the above seasoning, mix well in a bowl and put in refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
1 litre Chicken stock
1 tsp Fish sauce
1 stalk Leek – end trimmed and cut into small pieces
2-3 Shitake Mushrooms – cleaned and cut small pieces
some carrot – slice thinly
3 packets (600g) Udon – leave in room temperature
- Take the the minced pork from refrigerator and shape into small balls.
- Bring the chicken stock and fish sauce to the boil in a pot.
- Add the meat balls, mushrooms, carrot and leek into the chicken stock, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In another pot, boil enough water, add in udon to cook for about 2-3 mins and place udon into serving bowl with meat balls, vegetables and soup.