If you’ve been visiting my blog often, you’ll notice that I like anything with tomatoes in my cooking recipes. The most recent one is Tomato Rice. The cherry tomatoes that I bought from the market were firm and juicy and I usually like to munch them as a fruit but this time I used them to make Pickled Tomatoes. This is really an easy peasy recipe. Pickled Tomatoes can last for weeks, refrigerated. It is great to serve Pickled Tomatoes as a snack or a side dish, with grilled meat or fish.
Pickled Cherry Tomatoes 醋渍樱桃小蕃茄
- 500 g cherry tomatoes
- 350 ml distilled water
- 100 ml apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp honey
- 2 garlic cloves - sliced
- sprig of dills
- Slice a shallow cross at the bottom of each cherry tomato.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Poach tomatoes in batches for 15-20 seconds. Transfer into ice water once their skins start splitting.
- Peel off the tomato skin.
- Place tomatoes, dill and sliced garlic into some sterilised bottles.
- Bring a pot of distilled water, apple cider vinegar and salt to boil, stirring well. Add honey to cook over low heat for 3 minutes.
- Pour hot liquid into bottles and tighten the lids. Leave to cool. Refrigerate for 3 days before consuming.
- 500克 樱桃番茄，去蒂头
- 2粒 蒜头，去皮切片
- 350毫升 蒸馏水
- 100毫升 苹果醋
- 1/2茶匙 盐
- 6汤匙 蜂蜜
This recipe is featuring on Gourmet Living magazine Jun/Jul issue 2016, which is now available at all the newsstand in Singapore.