Ingredients: for 1 piece – 8″ and 6″ Gugelhupf pan
180g Pitted Prunes
- Cut prunes into half, add sugar and water together – boil for about 5 mins at medium heat and refrigerate it. Use scissor to snip prunes into smaller pieces before adding into cake mixture.
1 1/2 tbsp Glucose
3 tbsp Melted chocolate
150g Fresh milk
350g Plain flour
80g Corn flour
20g Baking powder
1 tsp Lemon oil or juice
1 tbsp Rum
- Beat butter and sugar at medium speed. Add in glucose, beat till light and fluffy, add lemon oil and rum – mix well.
- Add in eggs one at a time to mixture. Scrape bowl.
- Continue beating and add in prunes and melted chocolate.
- Beat until mixture is well mixed. (total beating about 10 mins).
- Lastly at low speed add in flour and milk alternately until you finish them. Mixture looks soft, thick and creamy.
- Grease Gugelhupf pan and sprinkle almond flakes at the bottom and the side of the pan.
- Pour in mixture and bake at 170C for about 40 mins for 6″ mould and 50 mins for 8″ mould or use a satay stick inserted into center tests clean.Leave to cool and overturn cake.
- Sprinkle some snow powder on it.
I really like the use of prunes in a cake. It sounds really good!
Hi Finsmom! Thanks for visiting my blog.
Thank you Karine, I'm sure you will like this recipe.
I have thought to bake with prune… I should give it a try! Your recipe sounds delicious
The use of this pan makes for such a beautiful presentation! Love the powdered sugar top!
You can use your sponge cake recipe, substitute the water and flavour to milk and honey.
Thank you, Rachel. When are you going home? Can't wait to see your 新作品:D
what can I use instead of Optima flour? I wish to try your green tea cake
Mmmm.. very interested in this cake.. looks great..
Anncoo, u r really great in baking.. ^_^
Hi Natalie: Thank you for your compliment.
delicious! and presentation is magnificent. Another success!
CBL: Thank you for your compliment.
莲子：lemon oil比lemon flavour香和浓。只需要放1 tsp 就够了。有时候做cheesecake,找不到柠檬就用lemon oil代替。我们这里也有卖butter oil 和 coffee oil 不知道你有没有用过。
Anncoo:what is lemon oil?
This is such a pretty cake!
I prefer lemon oil because lemon paste got the yellow colouring. Can get this from Phoon Huat or Sunlik. Mind you, this cake is a little too sweet for me even I had reduced the sugar….my family liked this cake.
Thank you, Peachkins.
This is a pretty cake! I wish I know how to bake…it sounds delicious..
Can use lemon paste instead of lemon oil?
You can get lemon oil,butter oil and coffee oil only from Ingredients shop. Can use lemon juice and zest instead.
Thank you for finding time to visit me. I think Gugelhupf name is from German meaning ring shaped cake like Bundt pan.
As for the cherry clock, you may to clocklink.com to choose your favourite design.
Hope you have a enjoyable and memorable vacation.
Wow! feel like having one. But lemon oil is new to me, can I get it easily from coldstorage.
I love this pan also as it makes such a pretty looking cake. The cake sounds and looks delicious. I am still on vacation but had to steal a moment for myself and what better way then to read some baking blogs even is I only have a few minutes to look today:) I love your cherry clock on the sidebar.