Ingredients: for 1 piece – 8″ and 6″ Gugelhupf pan
180g Pitted Prunes
- Cut prunes into half, add sugar and water together – boil for about 5 mins at medium heat and refrigerate it. Use scissor to snip prunes into smaller pieces before adding into cake mixture.
1 1/2 tbsp Glucose
3 tbsp Melted chocolate
150g Fresh milk
350g Plain flour
80g Corn flour
20g Baking powder
1 tsp Lemon oil or juice
1 tbsp Rum
- Beat butter and sugar at medium speed. Add in glucose, beat till light and fluffy, add lemon oil and rum – mix well.
- Add in eggs one at a time to mixture. Scrape bowl.
- Continue beating and add in prunes and melted chocolate.
- Beat until mixture is well mixed. (total beating about 10 mins).
- Lastly at low speed add in flour and milk alternately until you finish them. Mixture looks soft, thick and creamy.
- Grease Gugelhupf pan and sprinkle almond flakes at the bottom and the side of the pan.
- Pour in mixture and bake at 170C for about 40 mins for 6″ mould and 50 mins for 8″ mould or use a satay stick inserted into center tests clean.Leave to cool and overturn cake.
- Sprinkle some snow powder on it.