This simple, quick cheese baked rice is delicious and only takes 10 minutes to bake. I cooked this over the weekend with some leftover roast chicken and some other ingredients I had in my pantry. I added one egg to the rice with a cheese topping. I really love the egg oozing out when the spoon digs into the rice! Quickly blend the egg with the melted cheese and rice mixture to get a smooth, runny eggy texture before consuming. This is really yummy. I’m so happy that my other half gave his thumbs up for this easy, one dish meal.
Quick Cheese Baked Rice
- 2 bowls cooked hot rice
- 1 onion - shredded (about 100g) or more
- 100 g cooked chicken - shredded or prawn cubes if prefer
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 2 eggs
- mozzarella cheese for topping
- Fry onion till soft with some oil and add shredded chicken into it, fry well. Add soya sauce, stir fry well again. Then mix the chicken mixture into cooked rice.
- Scoop hot rice mixture in baking dish or aluminum foil tray, greased with little butter at the bottom. Make a dent in the center with a spoon and drop in egg. Scatter mozzarella cheese on top with a dash of pepper and salt.
- Bake in preheated oven 200 deg C for about 10 mins till cheese melted.
- Garnish with some nori seaweed or finely cut spring onion and serve piping hot.
- 2碗 热白饭
- 1粒 洋葱 （约100克），喜欢的话可以多加
- 100克 熟鸡肉丝或用虾仁
- 1汤匙 酱请
- 2个 全蛋