Made this lovely Sakura Cheesecake during the weekend. I used the remaining pickled sakura and ume jam from my Sakura Roll to make this yummy cheesecake. This is an easy to do recipe with a straight forward method and you don’t have to turn on the oven as it is a No-bake cheesecake. After soaking the pickled (salty) sakura, the dried flower is tasteless, it’s only used for decoration. I used up all the remaining ume jam and added one more tablespoon of lemon juice. So happy that the cheesecake has an aftertaste of the tangy ume jam. This can be quite addictive if you like No-bake cheesecake.
- 8 - 10 Pickled Sakura Cherry Blossoms
Rinse off the salt on the Pickled Sakura Cherry Blossoms and soak them for 2 hours and gently pat dry with paper towel.
- 180g Marie biscuits (crushed)
- 150g Melted Butter
- 250g Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Gelatin
- 2 tbsp Water
- 60ml Milk or whipping cream
- 250ml Non-dairy topping cream
- 4 tbsp Ume jam or use yuzu jam
- 250ml Water
- 35g Sugar
- 30g Instant Jelly
- ½ tsp Gelatin soak with ½ tbsp water and set aside
- Line a 23cm round pan (with removable base), set aside.
- Combine crushed biscuit and melted butter together in a mixing bowl.
- Press the biscuit crumbs onto the base of the prepared pan and put it in the refrigerator for later use.
- Soak gelatin with 2 tbsp of water. Set aside to allow the gelatin to swell (about two minutes) before setting the bowl over a pot of simmering hot water. Stir with a spoon and once the gelatin melts, remove the bowl from the pot and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, at medium speed beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth, then gradually add in milk/whipping cream until combined.
- Add in ume jam and lemon juice, mix to combine and add melted gelatin, mix well.
- In another mixing bowl, whip the non-dairy topping cream until peak form ( not too stiff) and fold into the cream cheese mixture with a hand whisk and mix well.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture on the prepared cake pan and gently place the pickled sakura on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set.
- To make the topping: Add water, sugar and instant jelly in a small pot and stir till sugar dissolved at medium heat. Add in swelled gelatin and stir till melted. Cool down the liquid a little and gently pour on top of cheesecake. Chill cheesecake before serve.
Please click on my Sakura Roll recipe here if you're interested to get the pickled sakura online