Here is another cool and refreshing dessert, Sakura Pudding that I want to share with you today. I used soya milk (reduced sugar) for the bottom pudding layer. You need to chill this layer for about 2-3 hours because gelatin needs a longer time to set. Then make the top transparent layer with sakura flowers and sakura honey syrup. It is better to make the bottom layer in the morning and the top layer in the afternoon, so you can enjoy this comforting and pleasing dessert after night meal.
- Bottom layer
- 1 litre Soya milk - reduced sugar
- 100 ml fresh milk
- 100 g sugar or add a little more if you have a sweet tooth
- 2 tbsp gelatin powder + 3tbsp water
- Top layer
- 10 pcs sakura flowers
- 500 ml water
- 1 tbsp gelatin powder + 1tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sakura honey syrup or to taste
- 45 g sugar
- Bottom Layer - Soak gelatin and water together, set aside.
- In a pot bring soya milk, fresh milk and sugar bring to a boil at medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Add soaked gelatin into milk mixture and stir till gelatin dissolved. Off heat.
- Pass milk liquid through a sieve and pour into serving cups to 3/4 full.
- Chill soya milk pudding for about 3 hours to set.
- Top Layer - Rinse the pickled sakura to remove excess salt and soak for 45-60 minutes. Snip off the stem of sakura flowers with a pair of scissors and gently pat dry the flowers on paper towels.
- Soak gelatin and water together, set aside.
- Place water and sugar in a pot and stir to boil at medium heat. Add soaked gelatin and stir till dissolved. Off heat and add sakura honey syrup, stir well and leave clear liquid to cool.
- Take out the set soya milk pudding from fridge. Gently pour in the clear liquid on top of the soya milk pudding with a spoon into each and drop one sakura flower into it.
- Place the sakura pudding back into fridge to set for another 2 hours before serving.
- 1000毫升 底糖份豆奶 （盒装）
- 100毫升 鲜奶
- 100克 细糖，喜欢更甜的话，可加多一点糖。
- 2汤匙 鱼胶粉+3汤匙水
- 10朵 盐渍楼花
- 500毫升 清水
- 1汤匙 鱼胶粉 + 1汤匙水
- 1汤匙 樱花蜂蜜糖浆或适量
- 45克 细糖