This Salted Caramel Cheesecake with chocolate cream topping is delectable and yummy with the combination of caramelized sweetness and a hint of saltiness in the smooth cheesecake. There is a creamy layer of caramel appearing just above the crusty biscuit base after baking. I was inspired by Donna Hay to bake this cheesecake and I’ve tried her recipe some weeks ago. Unfortunately I found that the base of the cheesecake wasn’t as crusty as I expected. So I stick to my recipe but with a little tweak. So happy that this salted caramel cheesecake turned out perfect to serve as a light dessert.
Salted Caramel Cheesecake
- 100 g marie biscuits
- 80 g melted butter
- 250 g cream cheese at room temperature
- 30 g dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tbsp golden syrup
- 50 ml dairy whipping cream
- 3 egg yolks use large egg
- 2 tbsp plain flour sifted
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 egg whites
- 30 g caster sugar
- 100 g semi-sweet chocolate chop to pieces
- 15 g soft butter
- 85 ml dairy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Grease the sides of a 8 inch removable cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Blend biscuits coarsely and mix well with melted butter (add little more butter if you find the crumbly biscuits are too dry). Pressing the biscuit crumbs with your hand at the bottom of the lined cake pan. Place the whole pan in the refrigerator for later use.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract together at low speed. Gradually pour in whipping cream and golden syrup, beat till smooth at medium speed.
- Add egg yolks one at a time and beat until all combined. Then add flour and sea salt, mix well. Transfer cheese mixture to a large bowl.
- In another clean bowl, whisk egg whites till foamy. Add sugar in batches and whisk to peak form. Use a rubber spatula to fold egg whites to cheese mixture in 3 batches.
- Gently pour cheese mixture into prepared cake pan.
- Steam bake in preheated oven at 150 deg C for about 60 minutes. It should feel set, but not rigidly so
- Run knife around rim of pan so that the cake will not get a waist line. Leave cake to cool completely before removing from the cake pan.
- Chocolate cream - melt chocolate and butter under under a bowl of hot water. Then lightly boil whipping cream and pour onto chocolate, stir mixture to smooth and leave to cool down.
- Stir well chocolate cream and spread 2-3 layers on top of cheesecake, then chill it for a few hours in the refrigerator. Slice the cake with a hot knife.
- **Do not sprinkle too much sea salt on cake as it will give a bitter taste
- Please keep in mind that all oven temperatures and baking time varies
- 100克 饼干
- 80克 溶化牛油
- 将饼干放入保鲜袋中，用擀面棍压碎饼干，然后用手把饼干碎与融化牛油 抓匀，压入烤盘底部，压平压紧。铺好饼干后，放进冰箱备用。
- 30克 黑糖
- 1茶匙 香草香精
- 50克 动物性谈奶油
- 3/4汤匙 黄金糖浆
- 3个 蛋黄
- 2汤匙 中筋面粉 （过筛）
- 1茶匙 海盐
- 3个 蛋白
- 30克 细糖
- 100克 半甜苦巧克力
- 15克 软牛油
- 85克 动物性谈奶油
- 1/2茶匙 海盐
- 再另一个干净大碗，把蛋白打至起泡，细糖分次加入， 打致硬性发泡。蛋白霜分3次拌入糖乳糊里，用刮刀翻拌均匀。
- 巧克力酱 – 将克巧克力和牛油隔水溶化，谈奶油煮至微滚，然后倒在巧克力上拌匀至顺滑即可（待凉）。