This steamed Tri-colour egg is a common dish consisting of chicken egg, salted egg and century egg. This is a homey dish in most Chinese families. The steamed egg is salty, savoury and silky smooth and is best to serve with white porridge or rice.
Steamed Tri-Colour Eggs
- 1 chicken egg
- 1 salted egg
- 1 century egg
- boiled and cooled water - ratio 1:1.5 = total volume of eggs (chicken egg + salted egg white is 100ml + 150ml water)
- sesame oil & chopped spring onion to garnish
- Break up chicken egg, add the salted egg white and beat well. Add boiled and cooled water into the egg mixture, gently stir well and set aside.
- Break up the raw salted egg yolk, Peel and cut up the century egg. Then place them in a shallow plate.
- Gently stir the egg whites mixture again and pass through a sieve into the shallow plate.
- Heat up the steamer or wok with boiling water. Put in the dish. Place a piece of aluminium foil on top preventing the water drips from the lid onto the egg mixture. Lower the heat to medium and steam for 5 minutes and another 3 minutes at low heat to just set. Occasionally lift up the lid to let the steam to escape.
- Garnish with spring onion with little sesame oil and dash of pepper. Serve immediately.
recipe adapted from here
- 1个 鸡蛋
- 1个 咸鸭蛋
- 1个 皮蛋
- 滚水待凉 （比例 1：1.5）= 鸡蛋+咸蛋白加起来的重量 =100毫升 + 150毫升水
- 用大火把水煮沸，混合均匀的蛋液放 入蒸锅中，铺上一张锡纸，以免蒸水滴入蛋中出现蜂窝，盖上锅盖以中火蒸5分钟，然后改用小火再蒸3分钟至蛋刚刚凝固即可。期间要掀开锅盖让热气跑出。